No splash screen, cant get into bios, goes straight to mac login

filo25

4 posts in this topic

We were having issues with our USB ports disconnecting at times, so my friend changed some stuff in the bios. However, now when I turn the computer on I dont even see the motherboard splash screen, nor do I see the olarila screen anymore either. Screen just stays inactive until it gets to the mac login screen.

I feel like the olarila screen and splash screen is still there but for some reason it wont display. I can press and hol bios button at the beginning, then it wont get to the mac login screen, im assuming because it probably is actually in the bios, but for some reason nothing shows on my screen. And now I dont know how to get to bios, nor boot into my windows because i cant see the olarila screen either.

Has anyone had this issue before? Not sure what to do if I cant boot into windows/bios.

Specs:

Gigabyte Designare z390

Intel 9700k

Corsair Dominator Platinum 32gb

Mojave 12.5

Guest ricoc90

Maybe some GPU setting where the system POSTS to the non-primary GPU or something. Easy way: reset CMOS. On the right-bottom of your motherboard there's a jumper to clear the CMOS which will reset everything to its default settings. Or take the CMOS battery out for a couple of minutes which will clear the CMOS settings also.

Edited by ricoc90

7 hours ago, ricoc90 said:

Maybe some GPU setting where the system POSTS to the non-primary GPU or something. Easy way: reset CMOS. On the right-bottom of your motherboard there's a jumper to clear the CMOS which will reset everything to its default settings. Or take the CMOS battery out for a couple of minutes which will clear the CMOS settings also.

Okay, will give this a shot. Thank you!

• 2 months later...

Was this resolved? I'm having an issue with my Asus Z370-F mobo, the splash screen shows but trying to get into the BIOS I get a black screen no matter what I do—tried HDMI and DP from GPU and mobo ports, no avail. After searches I believe this may have occurred after a BIOS update, I'm just afraid of resetting the CMOS, it staying black and not being able to boot to macOS.

TIA