Realtek 8139 Does Not Work

12 posts in this topic

Going a little bonkers on this one so if anyone could helop out that would be great. I installed the AMD Test 1 10.4.8 DVD on my laptop (specs below), everything except video (which to be expected) is working fine. The exception is my Realtek 8139 LAN card. This has worked perfectly on every prior distro I have run.

Here is what happens:

With the 10.4.8 kext, I get nothing, I don't even register as having any LAN ports.

With the 10.4.7 kext (which was working perfectly on 10.4.7) it does detect the network port but I am unable to get any IP from DHCP. If I manually input an IP, I am still unable to ping, surf, or anything else network wise.

Any ideas here?

hI m8

The reatek 8139 works just spot on my amd setup also worked great with my intel setup to you try removing connection in your network settings and see if it can pick it up again ive had to do that 1 i think

amd setup

ram = 512 meg

cpu = sempron 3000 ghz

hd = 80 gig

gfx card = geforce x5900 (works perfect )

sound = some cmedia job (works )

amd setup = AMD Test 1 10.4.8 DVD (clean install)

intel setup = Jas 10.4.8 reseed ( clean install )

It would not allow me to delete it as it is the only connection. If you could I would appreciate it if you could PM me a copy of your kext file, I would like to compare it to mine. I don't know if you can send files by PM so if not just let me know and I will give you my email addy. Appreciate the help.

hm... my PCI realtek 8139 working on 10.4.1, but after install JaS 10.4.8 DVD - network doesn't work.

can somebody send me required "10.4.7 kext" via e-mail?

mail <at> foxolegov.ru

sorry for my bad English =/

hi there, i need a working version of the kext too.

PLEEEASE pm me if you have it...

pm me

now, after install correct kext network card detected. but "cable is not plugged in"

maybe need correct IOPCIFamily.kext

i try conpil it from sourse, but... i not programmer...

heh

i had a problem getting this detected. i added the card after i'd installed but i couldn't get it recognised. i replaced the IOPCIFamily.kext with one from 10.4.6 and that got it recognised although using the internet really made my computer lag. in the end i just did a clean install. only problem is the connection details for this and my onboard lan are the wrong way around, but this doesn't bother me. hope this helps.

wow i buy intel pro/100b card and it working. no drivers, no haks... just working

realtek 8139 move to trash =/

Very simple because I am dealing with a laptop which has integrated 8139. Also please I see you are rather new here Vulpio, if you don't actually have a constructive solution to the problem there is no need to make a post. I think everyone here is intelligent enough to figure out that if they had the option of replacing their 8139 with a more robustly supported card they would.

OK, number one why would you link back to the same thread you posted in? Number two previous solutions do not seem to be working with the new 8.8.1 kernel. It seems like only people with desktop 8139 cards are able to get them to work. So far I have heard no success reports of laptop success with both the 8.8.1 kernel and AMD cpu.