what system definition are you using for your i7-8700k/z370/High Sierra setup

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

I have recently changed my system definition from 18,3 to 19,2 because 19,2 more closely matches my hardware. I have had some instability that has occurred since making the change. On two occasions, moving the mouse triggered a restart. I have looked in the Console app, but I don't see a kernel panic log so I am not sure what caused the restarts.

I need to get the system definition and serial number settled because I need to buy and install Logic X from iTunes. I am assuming that the install will lock to the hardware id and that changing it will be a pain, so I would like to get my final definition and serial number set up first.

Can anyone report a system definition that they have used with i7-8700k/z370/High Sierra that has been running stable?

LMHmedchem

4 hours ago, Allan said:

Use the iMac19,1.

Do you have a proper DSDT configured, last Clover version, and all the third-part kexts updated?

I don't  have a DSDT configured as I don't know how to do that. The version of Clover is the version from when I installed over the winter. Many of the kext files are the most recent, or nearly so. My OS (High Sierra) is now two releases old, so I would expect most kext updates to be related to Mojave or newer but it's hard to say.

I can do all of that if you think it will help. Is there a link for how to configure a DSDT and how to update Clover?

LMHmedchem