OSX Freezing after Login (After setting up icloud) - Aorus Pro w/ i9900k

sytanek

2 posts in this topic

Gigabyte Aorus Pro w/ i9-9900K freezing approximately 30 seconds after login. This is the second time I have had this issue, already tried a fresh Install, and issue started occurring at exactly the same spot (after setting up iCloud).

The system was stable for hours this morning, through lots of reboots, I had iMessage working without issue, Hardware Accel was good (Aorus RX 580 w/ iGPU in headless mode), Audio was working without issue. Eventually decided to sign into iCloud and went to System Preferences and signed into iCloud, it logged in successfully and locked up a few seconds later. I force reboot and login, and the system will lockup within 30 seconds. Tried booting from my bootable USB that I did the install with and same issue. Switched from VirtualSMC to FakeSMC and the issue persisted. Disabled XMPP, I tried creating a new user and deleting my original one, but issue still persists.

I found a tool called runme on another post, but the system freezes when it gets to generating system info (approx 30 seconds after login).

Any direction would be greatly appreciated!