golden eagl

AMD A8-5500 APU Driver for High Sierra

1 post in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm struggling with installing driver of my graphic adapter on high Sierra but till now I failed to find a solution to my issue ....

My PC configuration is .

CPU : AMD A8-5500 APU with integrated Radeon 7560 

RAM : 8G    

I tried to download a tool from tonymax website and after I used it I unable to login to my Mac high Sierra so I installed high Sierra again .....

Any help with this issue

Thanks in advance 

Edited by golden eagl

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By miliuco
      Radeon RX 580 8 GB graphics card on macOS High Sierra (as of 10.13.6), Mojave and Catalina on the P55-USB3 board: excellent performance with acceleration (Metal) OOB, no need for drivers (kexts), with 3 drawbacks, one has to do with the boot of the operating system (a solution is proposed), another with the number of rear connectors enabled (a solution is proposed) and another that only affects to one phase of the Mojave or Catalina installation (without clear solution for now).

I have placed the XFX AMD Radeon RX-580 P8DFD6 8GB Triple X Edition GDDR5, 256BIT, DVI + HDMI + 3DP graphics card on a 10 year old motherboard (Gigabyte P55-USB3) in order to update the hackintosh to 10.14 Mojave and 10.15 Catalina because the card that I have used in past years, Nvidia Geforce GTX 750 1GB, has stopped working after 10.13.6 High Sierra since this was the last version for which Nvidia published the alternate web drivers that were necessary for the card to work well with graphic acceleration.

The new RX 580 card needs considerably more space than the old one although it fits perfectly in an ATX case, and requires an additional power connector. It has 2 big fans that most of the time are stopped, at least in my case. In macOS it works perfectly, even with Metal acceleration, without additional drivers and without extra settings in Clover. But it has drawbacks that I comment below.

Alterations during startup

During the boot of the operating system, when the screen goes from the basic driver to the AMD driver, 2 artifacts appear randomly, they are very short in duration (from one to a few seconds):
      Very short flashing white screen that may or may not be accompanied by purple lines The fans runs for a few seconds (the noise is clearly audible). This behavior is solved with the installation of 2 kexts, Lilu and WhateverGreen. Lilu is an extension created by acidantheraand vit9696 among others whose function is to help to patch kexts, processes and libraries during macOS boot. It is accompanied by specific plugins for the task required, for example WhateverGreen that injects necessary patches for certain AMD, Intel and Nvidia graphics cards. It is mandatory to have both extensions together, one of them separately does not correct the problem.
      I have installed Lilu 1.4.4 and WhateverGreen 1.3.9 in the EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder of the EFI partition and artifacts have disappeared. Remember that these 2 extensions are not necessary for the card to work properly, if you tolerate those very brief distortions of the screen or the noise of the fans running for a few seconds, you can live without Lilu and WhateverGreen.

Note: authors recommend that when using Lilu and WhateverGreen with Radeon cards, NO graphic settings have to be added to Clover (Inject ATI, etc.).

Note: these alterations, especially the brief white screen and less frequently purple lines and fan noise, are also seen in Windows and some real Macs with the same card.

Alteration during macOS installation

Boot from USB > Clover menu > Install macOS from Install macOS Catalina > screen works fine
      Boot from USB > Clover menu > Install macOS from MacintoshHD > black screen
      Booting from USB > Clover menu > Boot macOS from MacintoshHD > screen works fine.

In the first and third stages, screen works fine. In the second stage the screen goes black although the installation continues. The user has nothing to do at this moment so you can leave the PC working until the Clover menu is shown again, the screen is recovered, the initial account options can be configured and you can enter into the newly installed system with correct resolution and acceleration.
      This behavior is not corrected even by placing Lilu and WhateverGreen into the USB device. At least in my case I have not found a solution for it. Yo can install macOS perfectly with that drawback of not seeing how it progresses during the second phase of the installation.

Only 2 connectors of the 5 available work

This card has 3 Display Port (DP) ports, 1 HDMI port and 1 DVI port. In my case, only 2 DP work, those that are further from the HDMI connector. It is enough if you use a single monitor or 2 monitors that can be connected by DP. But if you want to have 3 or more connected devices or some of them only have HDMI, it is necessary to enable the 5 connectors or at least 4 of them since the DVI is obsolete and does not allow resolutions as high as DP and HDMI.
      User foxbox has proposed a solution in a thread titled [Solved] Sapphire RX 580 Nitro + SE | black screen on HDMI and DVI. Must inject from Clover a modification to the Orinoco framebuffer (which is used in the RX 580 card) so that the 5 connectors lack a fixedly assigned address and, instead, receive it dynamically. This change is made from the KextsToPatch section of Clover. Read the post from foxbox.
      This has to be accompanied by 3 changes in the Graphics section of Clover: Orinoco in FB Name / Inject ATI / 5 in Video Ports. I have tested this solution in macOS Catalina and it effectively enables the 5 ports of the card but, since I only use 1 monitor, I have removed it and I am with Lilu and WhateverGreen.

• By Tristana
      Hello, and thank you for your help!

Ever since installing my new Sapphire Radeon Pulse RX580, I've been having issues with audio freezing up for the whole system- seemingly the coreaudiod process crashing / my USB audio interface not working. It feels random but seems to correlate with playing youtube videos, streaming audio in Finder, playing sound files from chat clients like Telegram/Discord and such. The system otherwise works as normal, with only audio related functions breaking. Sometimes instead of a full freeze / crash, the sample rate of audio will just drop significantly, causing a lot of aliasing.
      I followed this guide here, though it is outdated and some KEXTs have been merged with WhateverGreen. The shikigva=4 & -rad4200 boot arguments weren't available in WhateverGreen so I didn't add any boot arguments.
      https://hackintosher.com/guides/fix-rendering-issues-fcpx-high-sierra/

My issue was not fixed by this. I also learned that USBInjectAll hadn't been given a custom SSDT and so I made one, which I have included at the end of this post. I also disabled the 15 port patch which had been left on. My USB ports now show up properly (though I've excluded my mobo's type-c port to meet the 15 port limit). My audio issues still have not been fixed, though.

On High Sierra, the crash was irrecoverable- opening sound in system prefs just froze up, and I have to reset the system to get audio back. In Catalina, I seem to be able to choose a different audio device then go back to my external interface to reset the driver and get sound back.

Thank you for any help / ideas you can offer!

UPDATE: Issue still persists. I'm now using a USBPorts.kext created by Hackintool and have updated my list of current kexts below.

System:

Kexts:

• By Slice
      The thread splitted from HWSensors3.

Tools to testing Radeon state.
      Load RadeonPCI.kext  
      RadeonPCI.kext.zip

How to load
      sudo chown -R root:wheel ~/Downloads/RadeonPCI.kext sudo chmod -R 755 ~/Downloads/RadeonPCI.kext sudo kextutil -v ~/Downloads/RadeonPCI.kext and use RadeonDump utility
      RadeonDump1.zip

Commands to see temperature
      Polaris
      ./RadeonDump1 -n 6b0,c0300014
      SeaIsaland
      ./RadeonDump1 -n 200,c0300014

Old families
      ./RadeonDump1 -r 714,7f4

Other possible methods to find a register for temperature
      ./RadeonDump1 -n 6b0,c0300e0c
      ./RadeonDump1 -n 6b0,1c5
      ./RadeonDump -n 6b0,d8200ca4
      ./RadeonDump -r 59800,59810
      ./RadeonDump -r 678,680

Latest solution RadeonMonitor.kext here
      works for RX 460,480,580
      not works for HD7790, R9 290X?

Here works also with HD7790, R9 290X

Support VEGA here

Version for test modern cards
      RadeonPCI5.kext.zip

Version for Catalina
      RadeonPCI5-v2.kext.zip
    • By ayeshch
      Me (and many other people) experience eye-ache from new Macbooks (and windows machines).

I have spent two years of trial-and-error and found that installing macOS Mavericks on my MacBook (pro 13 late 2013, Intel Iris 1536 MB) resolves the issue of eye ache completely. (it is believed that newer systems use harsher version of temporal dithering that causes of a certain group of indivisuals eye aches).

I cannot stay at Mavericks because of software support and security issues, so the only thing is an issue now:

How can I take drivers from Mavericks and install them on Catalina? (I tried replacing .kext in /System/Library/Extensions with old files but it didn't work).

It would be so great if possible!

Thank you
    • By Slice
      As I see many novices in the forum ask "How to make my Radeon working? I have bad resolution, no QE/CI...." and so on. They come to the section and have no find an answer here because all Radeons are different and they don't know where else they read about this.
      I want to explain all steps needed for launching the Radeon family of videocards.

Bootloader.
      I will speak about Clover because I maintain this bootloader to know recent hardware and modern OSX. Not sure if you will have the same result with other bootloaders. I am carefully checking the injecting of ATI card and correcting it times to times. I am also accessible for bug reports.

OSX version.
      Older card require older system, newer cards require new system.
      ATIRadeon9000 is possible to launch under Tiger.
      ATIRadeonMobilityX1400 requires 10.5-10.6. See RadeonHD topic.
      As I see RadeonHD3xxx was successful only in 10.5
      For new AMDRadeonHD7xxx there must be 10.8.3+ system.

DeviceID.
      This must be the first question before asking about the card.
      You may know the device-id from Windows->DeviceManger->VideoCard.properties->compatibleIDs
      You may boot into system in safe mode (key -x) and see system profiler

And you may boot into Clover GUI, press F2 and get preboot.log. Find here something like
      2:709 0:000 PCI (00|01:00.00) : 1002 6758 class=030000 2:709 0:000 Found Radeon model=AMD Radeon HD 6670 Series It means my DeviceID=6758 (these are hex numbers)
      Then you must check that Apple's drivers support your DeviceID. If not then add it!
      For example HD7850 has DeviceID=6819. If we look into ATI7000Controller (AMD7000... in new systems) we find 6818 here but no 6819!

I show you how to do this with terminal commands. Launch /Application/Utilities/Terminal.app. Type in opened window:

cp /System/Library/Extensions/ATI7000Controller.kext/Contents/Info.plist ~/Desktop So you get a copy of the Info.plist on Desktop. Edit it with TextEdit. Change 68181002 -> 68191002.
      Don't edit this file directly in the system folder! 
      Then copy back by terminal. Don't use finder to copy kexts! They will have wrong permissions in this case.
      sudo cp ~/Desktop/Info.plist /System/Library/Extensions/ATI7000Controller.kext/Contents/ sudo rm -r -v /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/* Second command make sure next reboot the kext will use your edited info.plist.
      The same operation you must do with a kext AMDRadeonAccelerator or ATIRadeonX2000 or other one. Check all candidates if they contain such list of possible IDs and choose closest to you.

FakeID
      Since Clover revision 1971+ you may just inject new DeviceID into DSDT instead of correcting kexts. See instruction here.

GraphicsEnabler or Injector
      OSX needs to know some properties (Model name, Family, etc...) that must be somehow injected at boot time. Yes, also real Macs got DeviceProperties string from firmware.
      Alternatives:
      1. Set InjectATI=Yes in Clover (same as GE=y in Chameleon).
      2. Use custom string made with gfxutil. For whom who knows.
      3. Write _DSM into DSDT. You should know what to write.
      4. Use some kext like ATY_init.kext or Natit.kext. If you are sure that the kext is for your card namely.
      I want to say that all this methods make the same thing. Differencies in their tuning.
      The Clover do this automatically for most known cards at this moment.

Connectors.
      As you may see to start HD5000-7000 some strange names used: Pithecia, Orangutan, Elodea... What are they?
      They are configs for framebuffer. Predefined configs how connectors are solded for cards used in real Macs. Strange but these configs rear coincide with PC card. Usually gurus make advice "choose a framebuffer that most appropriate for your card". The chances 1:10. In most cases you may find a FB name that gives you main monitor working. Or nothing at all.
      Great respect to bcc9 who gives us a method to correct one of config to be exactly for you. See here.
      My retelling for Clover is here
      Success example in the thread in posts 44-52

Radeon Mobility
      I tested Clover's methods with two users having Mobility Radeon HD5470 and HD5650M. We found that full memory and QE/CI will be achieved if we set in Clover's config
      LoadVBios=Yes
      even thou no file with bios is provided. This is the key to make Radeon Mobility working!
      Other problem is bad gradients or artifacts. For this case Clover accept the key
      InjectEDID=Yes
      and sometimes you also need to inject CustomEDID.
      See Clover instructions for details.

And my results.
      Gigabyte Radeon HD6670
      <key>Graphics</key> <dict> <key>GraphicsInjector</key> <true/> <key>InjectEDID</key> <true/> <key>FBName</key> <string>Ipomoea</string> <key>LoadVBios</key> <false/> <key>VideoPorts</key> <integer>3</integer> <key>PatchVBios</key> <true/> </dict> <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key> <dict> <key>KernelCpu</key> <false/> <key>ATIConnectorsController</key> <string>6000</string> <key>ATIConnectorsData</key> <string>000400000403000000010000120401050008000004020000000100001102040310000000100000000001000000000002</string> <key>ATIConnectorsPatch</key> <string>040000000403000000010000100001061000000010000000000100000000000100080000040200000001000012040403</string> VTX Radeon HD5570
      <key>Graphics</key> <dict> <key>PatchVBios</key> <false/> <key>FBName</key> <string>Baboon</string> <key>VideoPorts</key> <string>3</string> <key>GraphicsInjector</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>LoadVBios</key> <string>No</string> </dict> <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key> <dict> <key>Debug</key> <false/> <key>KernelCpu</key> <false/> <key>ATIConnectorsController</key> <string>5000</string> <key>ATIConnectorsData</key> <string>040000001400000000010000010201030008000000020000007100002205020110000000100000000001000000100002</string> <key>AppleRTC</key> <true/> <key>ATIConnectorsPatch</key> <string>040000001400000000010000010001040008000000020000007100002200020510000000100000000001000000000002</string> <key>AsusAICPUPM</key> <false/> <key>KextsToPatch</key> <array> <dict> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleAHCIPort</string> <key>Find</key> <data>RXh0ZXJuYWw=</data> <key>Replace</key> <data>SW50ZXJuYWw=</data> </dict> </array> </dict> See PatchVBios=No
      for this card "yes" leads to black screen. Use with precautions.

A sample for Radeon R7 240

UPDATE for ElCapitan.
      It seems has more problems. My HD6670 is not working in ElCapitan OOB unlike Mavericks.
      I had to set FakeID=0x67401002 as correspond to real iMac12,2 and set this model in SMBIOS section.
      It related to GraphicsPM or GraphicsControl.
      Look these kexts to decide what you can do for your configuration.

HighSierra requires change these kexts by version from Sierra 10.12.6
      for Radeon HD6xxx
      AMDRadeonX3000.kext AMDRadeonX3000GLDriver.bundle IOAccelerator2D.plugin IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext .  for Radeon HD7xxx and up AMDRadeonX4000.kext AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver.bundle IOAccelerator2D.plugin IOAcceleratorFamily2.kext .    Black screen after wake problem resolved by follow method radeon_bios_decode.0.2.zip
      ati-personality.pl.0.15.zip
      ati-personality.pl.0.15a.zip