thiagomenini

Clover do not apear in boot and shutdown problems

1 post in this topic

Hello everybody,

I'm from Brazil, if someone wants to write in portuguese, i will understand too. But english is fine.

Days ago I installed the High Sierra, using the image (HighSierraAMD V2 UEFI.dmg). I have an FX8320e, the Asus M5A78L-M / USB3 mobo, GTX 750 and 12GB of RAM.

Well, I build Hackintosh to run audio programs. Everything is working except the USB audio card on the card. But I read that some gyus updates to 10.13.4 or higher and it work.

But I have some problem with startup and shutdown. I had installed the Clover in different ways, but it did not appear at startup. If I do not use the pen drive to boot, I do not have access to the system.

I've tried different solutions. I formatted the EFI partition using the Terminal and reinstalled the Clover, but it also did not work.

The other problem is the shutdown. The system goes off, but the fans and the mobo remains on. I need to manually press the on/off button to turn off the computer. I had used the Clover Configurations App to set the flag (shutdonw fix) but it not work too. I think this might be related to the boot problem.

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By SoThOr
      This was spurred on from a discussion in the Clover General thread. Where there was a debate on bcdedit being able create/read/edit (U)EFI Boot entries. I didn't think it appropriate to post all this information there and somebody may want to make use of this and its likely to get lost in that massive thread.

Out of curiosity I decided to see if I could create an EFI entry using bcdedit. What can I say I like a challenge.  Whilst is not a documented method by Microsoft, as it turns out in a round about way it IS possible to create an EFI entry using bcdedit and these are the steps I went through to add UEFI Shell located on a USB stick to the EFI entries. 

Third party software is available that can create and edit UEFI entries from Windows with better support and more features. I'm just making this information available in case those options are unavailable. 

DISCLAIMER - This is not a supported method. Use at your own risk. I recommend backing up your BCD/Firmware variables/settings beforehand.

1) Copy {bootmgr} entry.
      C:\Windows\System32>bcdedit /copy {bootmgr} /d "UEFI Shell" The entry was successfully copied to {34e8383c-73a7-11e9-9cb0-94de8078a7b5}. 2) Edit the new entry using the new GUID bcdedit generated in the copy step.
        a) Set the device and path for UEFI shell on my USB stick.
      bcdedit /set {34e8383d-73a7-11e9-9cb0-94de8078a7b5} device partition=G: bcdedit /set {34e8383d-73a7-11e9-9cb0-94de8078a7b5} path \EFI\SHELL\SHELLX64.efi   b) Clean up some of the stuff that was copied from {bootmgr} (optional as far as I can tell, just makes things tidier in bcdedit)
      3) Put the new EFI entry first in boot order. (optional)

After completing the steps above, here is what "bcdedit /enum firmware" shows:

I shutdown my computer and when I turned my computer back on it booted up into UEFI Shell. After exiting the shell my PC went on to boot Windows.
      Here is the resulting dump using "bcfg boot dump -v" from that shell:

You may notice that the shell shows as "Windows Boot Manager" in the bcdedit output. This I believe is because of the "WINDOWS" at the beginning of the option data that bcdedit added to the EFI Boot entry. I also believe this why bcdedit shows my Windows 8 installation as "Firmware Application" because it has no option data. I don't know how to remove this data using bcdedit nor do I know how the option data, that bcdedit adds, will affect other EFI applications.

There might be a way to create the EFI entry without copying the Windows entry but if there is I'm unable to find any documentation on how one would do so. If you use the create command then it just puts it in the BCD and I'm unaware of a way to tell it to create it in EFI instead, other than by doing the above.
    • By vlgngrbrdmn
      Hey all,

This is my first time posting to this forum.

Here is my problem: My main issue is random freezing of my display (i.e. cannot move my mouse) and nothing being displayed after my monitors go to sleep (i.e. lock my screen, wait a few minutes, try to move mouse/type on keyboard. My displays wake up but display "no signal"). I have to reboot in order to use my Hackintosh again.

Another issue that I am experiencing is that, every time I reboot my system and login initially, my right and left vertical displays do not display correctly until I turn one of them off and back on again. It is kind of hard to describe what is wrong, but basically the dimensions of the display and the orientation (horizontal vs. vertical) is wrong, and my mouse does not display in the correct place on the screen.

Either way, after some research it looks like this all may be due to my Framebuffer being incorrect. However, I am having a hard time trying to determine whether that is the case and, if so, how to fix it.

I did manually try to add a Framebuffer ("Kamarang") into my config.plist below, however that did not seem to make a difference.

Any help with this would be much appreciated! Also, please let me know if I should upload anymore information.

Currently, My setup consists of 1 Dell U3415w and 2 Dell 2415 monitors in an "H" configuration (both 2415s setup vertically on either side of the U3415W).

This is all being powered by a SAPPHIRE Radeon RX Vega 64 (https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814202326) with each monitor plugged via a DisplayPort.

I am currently running the latest version of macOS Mojave, 10.14.4.

I am also using the latest version of the Clover boot loader (4920) with the following kexts located in kexts\Other:
      AppleALC.kext AtherosE2200Ethernet.kext Lilu.kext USBInjectAll.kext VegaTab_64.kext VirtualSMC.kext WhateverGreen.kext My config.plist file contains the following:
      ?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd"> <plist version="1.0"> <dict> <key>#DisableDrivers</key> <array> <string>CsmVideoDxe</string> <string>VBoxExt4</string> </array> <key>ACPI</key> <dict> <key>DSDT</key> <dict> <key>Fixes</key> <dict> <key>FixHPET</key> <true/> <key>FixIPIC</key> <true/> <key>FixRTC</key> <true/> <key>FixShutdown</key> <true/> <key>FixTMR</key> <true/> </dict> <key>Patches</key> <array> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>change XHCI to XHC</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> WEhDSQ== </data> <key>Replace</key> <data> WEhDXw== </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>change XHC1 to XHC</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> WEhDMQ== </data> <key>Replace</key> <data> WEhDXw== </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>change SAT0 to SATA</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> U0FUMA== </data> <key>Replace</key> <data> U0FUQQ== </data> </dict> </array> </dict> <key>DropTables</key> <array> <dict> <key>Signature</key> <string>DMAR</string> </dict> <dict> <key>Signature</key> <string>MATS</string> </dict> </array> <key>FixHeaders</key> <true/> <key>SSDT</key> <dict> <key>Generate</key> <dict> <key>PluginType</key> <true/> </dict> </dict> </dict> <key>Boot</key> <dict> <key>Arguments</key> <string>keepsyms=1 dart=0 debug=0x100 shikigva=40</string> <key>DefaultVolume</key> <string>LastBootedVolume</string> <key>Timeout</key> <integer>5</integer> </dict> <key>BootGraphics</key> <dict> <key>#DefaultBackgroundColor</key> <string>0xF0F0F0</string> <key>EFILoginHiDPI</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>UIScale</key> <integer>1</integer> </dict> <key>CPU</key> <dict> <key>#BusSpeedkHz</key> <integer>133330</integer> <key>#FrequencyMHz</key> <integer>3140</integer> <key>#HWPEnable</key> <true/> <key>#HWPValue</key> <string>0x30002a01</string> <key>#QPI</key> <integer>4800</integer> <key>#SavingMode</key> <integer>7</integer> <key>#TDP</key> <integer>95</integer> <key>#TurboDisable</key> <true/> <key>#Type</key> <string>0x0201</string> <key>#UseARTFrequency</key> <true/> </dict> <key>Devices</key> <dict> <key>Audio</key> <dict> <key>Inject</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>ResetHDA</key> <true/> </dict> <key>Properties</key> <dict> <key>PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key> <dict> <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key> <data> AAASGQ== </data> <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key> <data> AQAAAA== </data> <key>framebuffer-stolenmem</key> <data> AAAwAQ== </data> </dict> </dict> <key>USB</key> <dict> <key>FixOwnership</key> <true/> </dict> </dict> <key>GUI</key> <dict> <key>Hide</key> <array> <string>PREBOOT</string> </array> <key>Scan</key> <dict> <key>Entries</key> <true/> <key>Linux</key> <true/> <key>Tool</key> <true/> </dict> </dict> <key>Graphics</key> <dict> <key>FBName</key> <string>Kamarang</string> <key>Inject</key> <dict> <key>ATI</key> <false/> <key>Intel</key> <false/> <key>NVidia</key> <false/> </dict> <key>RadeonDeInit</key> <true/> </dict> <key>KernelAndKextPatches</key> <dict> <key>KernelPm</key> <true/> <key>KextsToPatch</key> <array> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>Port limit increase</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> g710////EA== </data> <key>InfoPlistPatch</key> <false/> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.12.x</string> <key>Name</key> <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> g710////Gw== </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>Port limit increase (RehabMan)</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> g32IDw+DpwQAAA== </data> <key>InfoPlistPatch</key> <false/> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.13.x</string> <key>Name</key> <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> g32ID5CQkJCQkA== </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>Port limit increase (PMHeart)</string> <key>Disabled</key> <true/> <key>Find</key> <data> g/sPD4MDBQAA </data> <key>InfoPlistPatch</key> <false/> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.14.0</string> <key>Name</key> <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> g/sPkJCQkJCQ </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>Port limit increase (Ricky)</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> g/sPD4OPBAAA </data> <key>InfoPlistPatch</key> <false/> <key>MatchOS</key> <string>10.14.x</string> <key>Name</key> <string>com.apple.driver.usb.AppleUSBXHCI</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> g/sPkJCQkJCQ </data> </dict> <dict> <key>Comment</key> <string>External Icons Patch</string> <key>Disabled</key> <false/> <key>Find</key> <data> RXh0ZXJuYWw= </data> <key>InfoPlistPatch</key> <false/> <key>Name</key> <string>AppleAHCIPort</string> <key>Replace</key> <data> SW50ZXJuYWw= </data> </dict> </array> </dict> <key>RtVariables</key> <dict> <key>BooterConfig</key> <string>0x28</string> <key>CsrActiveConfig</key> <string>0x67</string> <key>MLB</key> <string>C02601270QXGPF7FB</string> <key>ROM</key> <string>UseMacAddr0</string> </dict> <key>SMBIOS</key> <dict> <key>BoardSerialNumber</key> <string>C02601270QXGPF7FB</string> <key>ProductName</key> <string>iMac17,1</string> <key>SerialNumber</key> <string>C02R2HZDGG7L</string> <key>SmUUID</key> <string>91E0E343-A938-4117-BBC7-234EA3ED265E</string> </dict> <key>SystemParameters</key> <dict> <key>InjectKexts</key> <string>Yes</string> <key>InjectSystemID</key> <true/> </dict> </dict> </plist> Also, for what it is worth, sleep is disabled on my system:

Again, thank you all for taking time out of your day to help a fellow hackintosher out!
    • By Gorec
      Hi.
      I apologize in advance if I didn't post in the right category and if my title and description aren't specific enough :c

My config in a nutshell:
      CPU: i7 5820k GPU: MSI GTX 1060 3GB RAM: 16 GB MOBO: MSI X99 SLI PLUS I attached RunMe output with all the details of my built.

Some background:
      I have my Hackintosh for about half a year. That time I managed to make it works and fix major issues, but some of them left unresolved since then and I ignored them until now.
      I use my Hackintosh for Adobe projects (PR, AE, PS, IL, AU and a lot more) - most of them connected with video editing of course browsing with Chrome and other small tasks.

Problems:
      Random restarts - this is the biggest one. I'm starting to work on bigger and bigger projects and at this time I think I can't allow this to happen that often. In the past, they happened like once a day or a couple of times a week. However, now it's just frustrating when it happens even 5 or more times a day. I've tried to observe and find out what can be the cause but I haven't managed to find any connections. I thought it happens when Premiere or another app is using GPU, but I haven't seen increased usage when it restarts. I think that it can be connected with GPU, memory or PSU or... meh, anything else. I don't have resources to check if it'll work with other components. There should be some fix for this. I will really appreciate any help with this :c Restart instead of shutdown & sleep doesn't work. I've tried to look through some Google results for this and tried many solutions (as you can see in attached Clover folder), but I think the right one for many of these issues is to make my own DSDT. Glitches, freezes and other things while encoding a video. It happens very often when I try to do this. Maybe it is an issue with GPU or (hopefully) only with GPU drivers which can be fixed with some patch. Today my headphones stopped working. I have a multi-output device configured in the Audio MIDI Setup app which includes my headphones (HyperX Cloud via USB) and Soundflowerbed virtual audio device for capturing system audio. Today while I was trying (like 15 times) to encode a video in Media Encoder in the background and watch video on YouTube I stopped hearing anything from my system. Of course, it restarted a couple of times as always, but even this didn't solve this. If I plug them directly with mini jack (not via USB Soundcard which was in the box and which I always used) in the front IO or the back I only hear some loud noise It takes EX-Fat formatted volumes a few minutes to mount after each restart. I found a workaround to format it with NTFS since I have Tuxera installed and I will reformat these volumes when I will find time for this, but maybe there is some fix for this. GPU is a little bit hot. HW Monitor shows it is only 45-55 degrees, but for my hand is a little bit hot, idk. Also related to GPU - glitch after POST but before entering Clover boot menu. It is a black screen with little white squared glitches for a few seconds. Maybe it indicates the GPU drivers are loading, but maybe it shouldn't be like this. And if I can ask about that - I can't make all applications hide on startup. I, obviously, have "Hide" checkbox checked on every login item in settings, but it doesn't work, none of the apps is hidden in the dock. Is there a way to fix this? Also a small but annoying problem - I can't turn off permanently Mojave update notification (since I tried to install it, and I had to reverse to High Sierra because I had a black screen and I didn't have time for repairing all of them. Tags are not working in Finder - every time I tag a file or folder and make a change in it (for example save a text file) the tag disappears.  
      So, with knowing all of that, is there a way to make a proper DSDT file for my Hackintosh? I tried to look through some guides on how to make it but I think I reached my abilities to understand how Mac OS works and what all of these things are, so I'm asking you guys politely, would someone like to help me? At least with these random restarts? :/
      I really begin to think that I'm a newbie in configuring all of that Clover things - even after what I managed to do with my PC. Help me, pleease... :c

If you have any questions post it below, I will really appreciate any help <3
      Send me MBP-Gorec.home.zip
    • By THE M
      Hi,Everyone
      i've struggled to install Mac High Sierra from three days ago  with an strange error then my pc restart ......
      My PC specifications is
      Cpu amd Athlon 620 II x2
      Ram 8g
      Graphic Ati 5670 DDR3 2g
      Motharboard msi 970 amd

• By Pericles
      I've been trying to boot MacOS Mojave (10.14.4) after installation on a system I've built.

I was able to successfully install Mojave through my USB, it seemed like the installer recognised my gpu and was working with it in the installation screen as it looked like it was outputting video at 4k resolution. When the computer restarted I then booted into the "Preboot" option on clover twice (the first time I tried the progress bar got to a certain point and then the system restarted) and on the second attempt the progress bar filled up completelly and the mac installer counted down to a restart (which I took as meaning that it had successfully finished the installer). After restarting however I tried to boot into MacOS from the SSD I installed it on, the apple logo showed up with a progress bar that filled up completelly before the screen turned black, then grey with a cursor over the grey screen. Also, it's probably worth noting that the GPU's fans continue to spin from turning the system on, up to the point where the screen turns grey after which they stop spinning.

My system specs are as follows:
      CPU: i5 3470
      GPU: RX 570
      RAM: 16GB DDR3 1600MHz 
      MB: Asrock B75m r2
      SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250gb
      WiFi/BT: Fenvi FV-T919 PCIE Card

I am thinking that it's probably a gpu related issue as everything about the installation process has gone pretty smoothly up to the point where it's displaying a grey screen at bootup (and not going further). I have attached a photo of the output from rebooting with the verbose bootflag (it's missing one line at the bottom "busy timeout[1], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'"), after the verbose output stays on the screen for a few minutes the screen then turns grey with the cursor and hangs there.