[HELP] Dell L502X iCloud broken, needs fixing.

Installus

9 posts in this topic

Hello all!

I have successfully got my Hackbook online, using USB tethering. Thanks to Herve (can't use special characters, you know who you are!), I also got my audio working.

I am very much ready to begin setting up iCloud, the App Store, and iMessage/FaceTime. Those services (especially the latter two) are what got me into hackintoshing.

Problem: The listed services fail to sign me in. iCloud sign in from System Preferences returns "Unable to sign in because of a problem communicating with iCloud."

FaceTime returns a registration process fail, the App Store reports that my computer can't be verified, and iMessage reports an activation error. However, iTunes works, except no Apple Music.

HARDWARE:

Intel Core i7-2630QM

GeForce GT 525M (using integrated HD 3000 graphics instead)

Custom Dell L502X A12 BIOS w/ UEFI support

SOFTWARE:

OS X Mavericks 10.9.5

AppleALC + VoodooHDA for audio

VoodooPS2Controller (trackpad kext likes to cause KP during boot, sometimes)

Any possible fixes for this?

Thanks in Advance!

Installus.

15 minutes ago, Hervé said:

These need the Ethernet/LAN interface running as primary interface en0, all other interfaces such as wireless having to come afterwards.

If you have Ethernet setup but not as en0, remove all interfaces from your Network PrefPane and reboot. If necessary, add the LAN interface manually afterwards.

My only known ethernet interface (which is actually USB tethering, since I haven't bothered to install the actual ethernet drivers (can't get ethernet where I use my Hackbook)) is en0.

Rebooting the system and trying to sign into iCloud nets the same result as stated in OP.

Any other fixes?

Are you using Clover or Chameleon/Enoch?

If Clover, post a zipped copy of:
  • your EFI folder
  • a saved IOReg output from IORegistryExplorer
  • a saved SysProfiler/System Information

You probably won't get iMessage working if you use Chameleon/Enoch because those do not inject the necessary info into the OS like Clover does. But AppStore/iCloud/FaceTime should work OOB as long as you have a correct SMBIOS + Ethernet (of some sort) registered as en0 (it does not have to be connected and up).

Clover best, so I'm using clover.

I currently cannot access my laptop, so you may have to wait til' 3 - 4 PM Eastern Time.

Question: Do I have to censor anything?

This post will be updated when I can get ahold of the files.

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

13 hours ago, Hervé said:

Are you using Clover or Chameleon/Enoch?

If Clover, post a zipped copy of:

• your EFI folder
  • a saved IOReg output from IORegistryExplorer
  • a saved SysProfiler/System Information

You probably won't get iMessage working if you use Chameleon/Enoch because those do not inject the necessary info into the OS like Clover does. But AppStore/iCloud/FaceTime should work OOB as long as you have a correct SMBIOS + Ethernet (of some sort) registered as en0 (it does not have to be connected and up).

Here ya go, the files you requested. Fresh off the print.

I'll have to share you my EFI folder using an uploading service, since max total size is 10 MB and my folder has 26 MB worth of data.

HackBook Pro L502X.spx

Installus’ HackBook Pro L502X.iojones

Right, I'll stop that, beginning..... NOW!

As for IORegistry, I travelled to that site and grabbed a proper copy.

I'll DM you a Google Drive link holding my EFI folder.

Installus' HackBook Pro.ioreg

Ok, the ethernet kexts do not work. System Preferences doesn't pick up on Ethernet, and SysInfo doesn't recognize it either.

As for USB 3.0? Well, I haven't even bothered, since I don't use any USB 3.0 devices. At least, not yet.

Any other potential fixes?

Ok, the new NullEthernet kext works, however SysInfo doesn't give it a BSD name, and iCloud/Mac App Store fails to work.

What to do from here?

Included in this post is my current SysInfo

New HackBook Pro L502X.spx

UPDATE: I did manage to get Ethernet working, however it shows up as en1. How to reset it back to en0?

It worked! iCloud, App Store, and iMessage/FaceTime now sign in! Now I must install High Sierra for better software support!

If only people made a mod to restore the classic Aqua look...