"Still wating for root device" after instalation.

Hiro_

6 posts in this topic

Hey people how they are you?? :) I wait than all be fine, because i'm very fine, with 10.4.8 and titan (QE/CI to OS X is a dream).

Well as nothing is perfect, i'm with a little problem. When i reboot my system i get the message "Still waiting for root device", then i boot with -f -s and replace IOATAFamily.kext from 10.4.7 and start the system. Ok started normally and i used without problems, but if i reboot the system i get the same message again.

I already delete Extensions.kextcache and Extensions.mkext and replace IOATAFamily.kext, but not solved the problem.

So someone can help me can my dream be complete.

hey Junio. My mother board and Chipset is SiS too. Is your DVD drive set to Master whilst your HDD set to Slave on the FIRST IDE CHANNEL 0

After lots of computer hardware configuration i did. (spent like 4 hours), i got the waiting for root device problem fixed and also my HDD detection in the installation Disk Utlities.

If you need more help in setting up the IDE controller. Just ask me

But its quite simple. Just make sure the connector on the motherboard is BLUE. And have the Jumpers on the back of the DVD and HDD set up properly. The DVD should have the jumper to the most RIGHT. And the HDD should not have a jumper in there at ALL

Hope this helps

I've the same configuration than you say at your reply, and it already are with your jumpers, so much DVD how much the Hard Drive, i was thinking if i change it for normal configuration, Hard Drive as Master and DVD as Slave for IDE0, but not trie still.

The hard drive has a jumper to set up as slave and the dvd drive has a set up as master, you are saying than i've remove the jumper of the DVD?