Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MorenoAv

Bluetooth don t detect my Magic Mouse 2, keyboard and trackpad

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Hi all.

I have a bluetooth and wifi combo Broadcom Bcm94360cs and is turned on but don t detect neither of my usb devices mentioned above.

As you can see it is active but is greyed out and in system is active but the option to disable the bluetooth is greyed about too. Can anyone help me with this

Thanks in Advance

PS - Hack 2 in my signature 

IMG_0143.jpeg

IMG_0144.jpeg

CLOVER.zip

config.plist.zip

IMG_0145.jpeg

IMG_0146.jpeg

Edited by MorenoAv

Advertisement
Posted (edited)

You've missed the obvious: your SysProfiler shows an Intel Bluetooth device (8087:07DC), not that of your Broadcom BCM94360CS card! That means you have an Intel card (typically an Intel 3160 or 7260) installed and enabled on your computer. You would need to disable it if you want to run Bluetooth off your Broadcom card. Check your SysProfiler->USB section, you'll see...

It's quite typical of laptops/desktop motherboards that come factory fitted with "built-in" combo Wireless/Bluetooth modules/cards. If it's indeed your case, you need to disable that card/module in BIOS or physically remove it.

As for not being able to disable Bluetooth, it's because your Intel module is only partially (not fully) recognised and supported. You would need to patch the Bluetooth transport controller PlugIn currently loaded for your card in order to inject your module's PCI ids in a new profile. This will get the Intel module properly recognised and you'll be able to enable/disable it through the Finder's bar BT icon. You'll find illustrated examples of such patches here.

Edited by Hervé

hi @Hervé,

Thanks for you answer, and that is ironic because this time I take time to remove the pigtails from my intel Wifi bluetooth module, only to see if the bluetooth and wifi was more friendly, accurate, without glitches or faults, and then it is recognized and activated. At this moment the pigtails are of the card...

Posted (edited)

Pigtails? Did you mean the antennas? If so, disconnecting them does not change anything: the Intel card remains connected to the PCIe/USB slot, powered up, enabled...

Edited by Hervé

lol, yep I mean antennas, but all this time the hack has worked with antennas and all turned on, and only this time that I have decided to disconnect the antennas this happens, I m {censored}ed...

But this time I m going to remove the card, its only a matter of dismantling all again...

thanks man...

I don't see the relation between the Hack working and having the antennas connected to or disconnected from Intel wireless/bluetooth card. As I said, if the Intel card is "built-in", there's a high chance you can simply disable it in BIOS. If not, yes, remove it.

By the way, you should use the built-in screenshot facility rather than poor quality photos taken with a phone or something.

Screenshots.jpg.c10240aeba46ab2230b87ea56ed63584.jpg

Guest BartSimpson

As STLVNUB has been MODERATED he has asked me to be his voice for a while.

STLVNUB has  MM2 and MK and he asks if you have tried turn off and back on MM2 and MK

He says you need to do that first time you set them up.

Also if you pair them with linux/windows etc you will need to do same.

Hope this helps

Good Luck!