Wiki Wiki Where?

macattackjack

5 posts in this topic

What's going on with the Wiki Section. Everything is empty, and the installation guides only go up to 10.11?

Trying to find options for an inexpensive Graphics Card that works OOB with Mojave 10.14.3

Install is complete. USB 3.0 works, (about as good as it did in Sierra) Still need to get graphics working. Heaven forbid I start poking around TM. I don't want to get infected.

Haven’t seen a ddr5 model listed as running.   I’ve seen posts of them not working, probably the memory layout.   I think I read that the ddr5 was running at 32 bit and the ddr3 at 64bit bus rate.

My MSI GT710 ddr3 works well in Mojave.

Edited by Gigamaxx

Let me clarify:

When I say there is nothing in the Wiki section, I mean, absolutely nothing. I am signed in, and it shows the category headings but nothing else. My question there is more of a website functioning question. The picture below is what I'm seeing when I go to the Wikipage.

This is the card I have and yes, it's the Evga Geforce GT 710 2 GB DDR3, and I understand it's supposed to work OOB. But it isn't for me. I looked at your list Hervé, and I should say mine is the PCIe 2.0 x8 version, which may make a difference. Usually I would do exactly as you said, and search the wiki page for other successful installs or people that have used the same Graphics card successfully to copy their clover config setting, kexts, etc.

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=02G-P3-2713-KR

Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 6.01.50 PM.png

In the meantime:

I got the graphics to work correctly. It was the clover settings.

As far as contributing, the last time I did, I got yelled at. lol

On the other hand, I have gotten 10.12.2 to work with a Asus P5K-VM and a GT710 1GB DDR3 Card. While certainly outdated, it is a mATX LGA775 with USB2, Firewire, Builtin ethernet, audio, and SATA. Considering my first install was 10.5.1 on that motherboard with a Q6600, it's pretty funny that it works all the way to 10.12.2

Thanks for the help. :)