[SUCCESS] HP Pavilion p6619it - Mojave

lollized

5 posts in this topic

Hi all, I started working on this pc during last days and finally, it's working. 

2013039755_Schermata2019-01-31alle09_29_04.thumb.png.0d79cd4800026d0590c018442af77404.png

Specs:

Intel i3 550 - 3.20Ghz

Ram: 4GB

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GT 710M. (Integrated works with LiLu + WhateverGreen, but I couldn't get full display resolution).

WiFi: TL-WN727N (rev 03)

Motherboard: MSI 2a9c. (no UEFI)

1) Creating bootable Mojave USB.

To create a Mojave USB installer, I red the apple wiki, works just fine.

2) Installing Clover.

Clover must be installed in Legacy Mode. See the screenshot above for installation.

clover_legacy.png.2180f74c2d588d83e9823a12cc6fcd69.png

3) Copying necessary kext into clover and add config.plist.

We will need those kexts (download "kexts" in attachments):

-VirtualSMC 

-com.apple.telemetry.plugin (I extracted the kext from high Sierra)

-NullCPUPowerManagement

-USBInjectAll

Just copy them into EFI://Clover/kexts/Other/.

Warning: only copy LiLu and WhatEvergreen only if you're booting with integrated graphics.

Now, download config.plist in attachments and replace with clover's default.

Note 1: I used SMBIOS from iMac 13.3 because using 11.2 block the installer, as the iMac 11.2 doesn't officially support Mojave.

You can change it to 11.2 whenever you want post-install.

Note 2: The default boot flags are "-no_compat_check -v".

This allow to boot normally. Without the first bootflag, we should obtain a message that says "This version of MacOS is not supported on this platform".

4) Booting and installing.

Now, just boot and install. I selected Guid partition map and APFS file system.

5) Installing WiFi

just download any version of BearExtender (make sure to follow the instructions in the package) and install the kext RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext which I attached under "wifi.zip".

6) Installing Audio

To make the audio works, I just installed VoodooHDA. Just pick the last version of it from here and install (I prefer kext utility), then, repair the permissions and reboot.

many thanks to @Baio77 and @Hervé, who helped me during the first phase.

config.plist.zip

kexts.zip

wifi.zip

Edited by lollized
Switched graphics to NVIDIA
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Yes, you certainly don't have graphics acceleration; now that's normal under Mojave since there is no support for any Intel iGPU older than Ivy Bridge HD4000. You'll have to install the 1st gen Intel HD graphics kexts from previous OS X/macOS versions, knowing that 1st gen graphics have always been subject to conditions. You can refer to the Bible on 1st gen Intel HD graphics.

well yes, I'll update the thread tomorrow, when finally the new Nvidia GPU arrives. I won't continue using this Hackintosh with the integrated graphics, cause of the poor performance. 

5 minutes ago, Hervé said:

Yeah, sure. Once you've installed the GT710, you may boot with the 2 x following additional graphics parameters:

• Inject nVidia
  • nVidia single

Kepler cards are supported OOB.

Yes, i Will try. It should be kepler, so maybe no needs Inject. But, i'll try. 

And what about LiLu? Should i remove it+whatevergreen once nvidia Will be installed? 

On 1/31/2019 at 10:43 AM, Hervé said:

And it's a GeForce GT710, not GT710M (M would be for a mobile/laptop version)...

thank you, I made a mistake...

I'll update the thread with new info, now with a new smbios isn't required to boot with -no_compat_check