AppleACPICPU failure/hang then black screen

mizznfizz

3 posts in this topic

So ran into an issue last night where I am now having the "AppleACPICPU failed to load" then 60s timer to attempt again. This will attempt 4 different times until it will finally boot to a black screen with nothing shown. Only option is to then shut the machine down. I attempted to boot into Safe Mode from Clover options (hitting spacebar at clove bootloader screen) but that results in the same error.

No special bootflags going other than broadcom patch for country code. 

I was attempting to get my integrated graphics going when this happened. How do I get past this error to be able to get to my desktop so I can load the backup of config file (that I took prior to messing with the graphics stuff)????

LOL... well I am dumb, realized after all that that I did not have my boot order set properly in my bios. So no matter having the boot stick in or not it was still attempting to boot from the UEFI partition for the os. So once I realized that and got the boot order situated I was able to get into my system and replace the EFI with a backup I had taken prior to messing with the framebuffer stuff.