Install Mohave on an HP ENVY Phoenix 860-019?

Grim Reaper

2 posts in this topic

Anyone know if OSX can be installed on this? I have searched for information about installing OSX on it and found nothing. 

I just got an HP ENVY Phoenix 860-019 desktop for a very low price, $100 CDN without any hard drives or add-on graphics card. It has an I7-6700 3.4GHz processor, integrated Intel graphics 530, 16GB DDR4 memory. It has only two PCIE expansion slots, one PCIE 16 for a graphics card and a PCIE 1x. It is now running Windows 10 on a 3TB drive. I have an old Radeon HD6450 which will operate with it with the bios set to legacy boot (it won't with the bios set to secure boot).

Any information about installing OSX Mojave on this computer is very much appreciated.

2 hours ago, Hervé said:

On the CPU and iGPU front, that computer meets the basic requirements for macOS and Mojave. On the other hand, Radeon HD6450 would not be appropriate for Mojave: it's not Metal capable and therefore not compatible for Mojave.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the HD6450 is very out-of-date now and the Intel 530 integrated graphics of the i7-6700 is much better.