Can't get QuickSync Working (HD530/GTX 970)

Jacopiazza

7 posts in this topic

HI, I'm trying to enable my HD530 (i7-6700k) along my GTX 970 to use QuickSync and get better render times and all the advantages of it... also I need to use airplay mirroring.
As now all is working except it, and i'd like to get it working.

My problem is that when fcpx or another app exports the IGPU usage always stays at 0%...

How can I solve this?
(Kexts Lilu,Whatevergreen,AppleALC,Realtek8111,fakesmc)

MY config and gen debug results attached.

debug_3335.zip

config.plist

7 hours ago, Jacopiazza said:

HI, I'm trying to enable my HD530 (i7-6700k) along my GTX 970 to use QuickSync and get better render times and all the advantages of it... also I need to use airplay mirroring.
As now all is working except it, and i'd like to get it working.

My problem is that when fcpx or another app exports the IGPU usage always stays at 0%...

How can I solve this?
(Kexts Lilu,Whatevergreen,AppleALC,Realtek8111,fakesmc)

MY config and gen debug results attached.

debug_3335.zip

config.plist

use only it with last clover version

CLOVER.zip

8 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

use only it with last clover version

CLOVER.zip

Just tried using latest version of clover ... but nothing changed...

EDIT:

i've just found that only FCPX isn't using IGPU, for example Macx Video Pro Converter is using ONLY igpu and it's really fast...

BenchX test.png

hardware info.png

Edited by Jacopiazza
added infos

1 hour ago, Jacopiazza said:

Just tried using latest version of clover ... but nothing changed...

EDIT:

i've just found that only FCPX isn't using IGPU, for example Macx Video Pro Converter is using ONLY igpu and it's really fast...

apps just use if need

check my brucex

Same issue here. Also using HD530 but with GTX 1060 on High Sierra 10.13.6. My kext drivers are exactly the same as yours and in config.plist I removed InjectIntel due to Whatevergreen.kext can do the job just fine. Also I've only got 1 primary display connecting to the GTX 1060 via the HDMI port on the discrete graphics card.

So if I connect the display to the motherboard DVI port which means HD530 is being used as the primary graphics card, macOS can detect both cards no problem and QuickSync in FCPX and AirPlay both seem to be working. The problem with this solution is that when I boot into Windows although the system recognizes the Nvidia card, it seems to be disabled by default and the gaming experience just becomes awful. However if I connect the display to the discrete GPU, neither AirPlay nor QuickSync on macOS would work and it takes ages for FCPX to export a video. My hackintosh simply won't recognize the existence of the IGPU.

Thoughts guys? Similar questions have been asked on r/hackintosh and tonymacx86 as well but neither provided a proper solution. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT: Hardware acceleration works all the time no matter which card it's connecting to if it helps

Edited by IIIJQIII

57 minutes ago, IIIJQIII said:

Same issue here. Also using HD530 but with GTX 1060 on High Sierra 10.13.6. My kext drivers are exactly the same as yours and in config.plist I removed InjectIntel due to Whatevergreen.kext can do the job just fine. Also I've only got 1 primary display connecting to the GTX 1060 via the HDMI port on the discrete graphics card.

So if I connect the display to the motherboard DVI port which means HD530 is being used as the primary graphics card, macOS can detect both cards no problem and QuickSync in FCPX and AirPlay both seem to be working. The problem with this solution is that when I boot into Windows although the system recognizes the Nvidia card, it seems to be disabled by default and the gaming experience just becomes awful. However if I connect the display to the discrete GPU, neither AirPlay nor QuickSync on macOS would work and it takes ages for FCPX to export a video. My hackintosh simply won't recognize the existence of the IGPU. 

Thoughts guys? Similar questions have been asked on r/hackintosh and tonymacx86 as well but neither provided a proper solution. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

EDIT: Hardware acceleration works all the time no matter which card it's connecting to if it helps 

exactly the same here...