HD4600 @i5 4690 not working on my Asus B85M-E + RX570

MarvZheng

5 posts in this topic

I have successfully get Mojave 14.2 installed and working on my pc:

i5 4690 (build-in HD4600)
Asus B85M-E
RX570
BCM943602CS (PCI - E)

The issue with it is that, system has not detected HD4600 and I am not able to review photos. I got a NoVPAJpeg.kext under kext folder and photo review issue is fixed temporarily.

I want to make HD4600 working also. To add, I tried adding intelgraphicsfixup.kext v1.2.7, but it can't run to the login dialogue with this driver so I have to removed it.

Please help. I am attaching my EFI folder.

EFI.zip

Edited by cnpoet

On 1/14/2019 at 10:07 PM, Hervé said:

If you look at your Clover config, you should notice that you're injecting a dummy layout-id 0x12345678 for graphics. That's obviously never going to be of any help towards obtaining graphics acceleration...

If you Inject Intel (and you do), you have to inject desktop HD4600 layout-id 0x0d220003. You should also use a Haswell desktop SMBIOS such as iMac14,x or iMac15,x for your platform rather than MBA6,2 which is inappropriate... Finally, you either Inject Intel + Haswell layout or inject Lilu + WEG kexts, not both; they're normally mutually exclusive.

There would be a few things to say about some of the kexts you inject that are not relevant to your platform. But that's another story...

I strongly recommend you start by adjusting your incorrect Clover config with Clover Configurator app.

NB: no links to TMX please...

I am new but am eager to learn. Thanks for pointing out the issues with my config and I will google to learn more. 

I changed my SMBIOS to iMac 14.2, and then set layout-id as 0x0d22003, and also try 0x0A26006 before inject intel. Both failed. Any more suggestions?

Edited by cnpoet

I have cancelled Inject Intel and removed the ig-platform-id, in so doing there only Lilu - WEG now right? But it doesn't work for now.

your system BIOS would not be set for PCIe graphics rather than iGPU by any chance?  - No.

Can't you run off the AMD RX 570 at all? - Did you mean I will try disable PCIe RX 570 in BIOS or else?

config.plist

• 1 month later...

@Hervé I haven't been active here in 10+ years haha I enjoyed reading your sig, got me feeling all nostalgic about my inspiron 1420 days. Anyways I have been trying to dig around as I have got both a Radeon 7970 and this same Intel HD 4600 in my 4770k based rig. I cannot boot the thing unless I keep the intel graphics disabled at uefi or clover level (no injection). I have seen the odd comment suggesting running both cards won't work but I can't seem to find why exactly that is. I have played around with some device ids in clover configurator but to no avail. Seems to get stuck halfway booting with injection enabled. I have read that its similar behavior to an iMac without a screen? Any ideas?