New Hackintosh Crashing (Help Needed)

Jared Ward

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys! I'm in need of some major help with my Hackintosh which I put together about a year ago. The build was super easy and had no issues with installing but I've been having random crashes recently when I'm using Photoshop and Final Cut Pro. Mainly when I'm re-sizing things in Photoshop it will just shut down and reboot. At first I thought it could be my graphic's card and went ahead and upgraded it to a Sapphire Pulse RX 580 but it's still crashing. I also tested my ram with memtest and also took each stick out to test them one by one in each slot & that didn't help either. I'm honestly out of options and have no idea what this could be. I've posted a short video below that shows what I'm experiencing. Here are my specs and what I'm running...

Gigabyte GA-H170 Gaming 3

Intel Core i7 8700K

Sapphire Pulse RX 580

Corsair CS 750M Power Supply

Corsair Vengeance LPX 48GB Memory

All of my parts are brand spankin' new and I'm running High Sierra 10.13.6. If there is anyone who could help me with this or would have any other suggestions I would appreciate it! It's just frustrating as my main job is graphic design.

Thanks so much!

Yeah, it wouldn't even boot with that folder, my HD was missing. I have a backup HD that I used to boot into my main but it still crashes. I honestly have little experience with Clover as it's always worked for me but if you have any other suggestions I'm open to them. You think updating it would help?

EDIT: I went ahead and updated Clover and no luck.

Edited by Jared Ward