P61-USB3-B3 Intel 6 Series - RX 580 No SATA drives and black screen

kushwavez

4 posts in this topic

Hello!

I had a working Sierra 10.12.6 Setup.

Mobo: GIGABYTE P61-USB3-B3 (H61 Intel 6 series Chipset, Cougar point, No IGPU, only discrete, Legacy BIOS)

CPU: i5-2300 2.9 GHz (Sandy Bridge)

GPU: MSI Radeon RX 580 8GB

Yesterday I tried to install Mojave but I can't get to the installation screen, I getting black screen after booting. I have 2 HDMI monitor, they have signal, just black.

- I think this problem is related to AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy, so I used iMac14,2 smbios instead of iMac12,2 -> nothing changed, same black screen.

- Used several AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy patch, nothing changed. And if I understand correctly I have to change the value to "none" in Info.plist, but I can't even get to the install screen, so I can't modify the Info.plist.

-  Some users can get signal when using DP ports, but my monitors don't have DP connectors, just HDMI.

- Tried WhateverGreen + Lilu (same happens without them) and Inect ATI = true, RadeonDeInit = true (same without deinit)

- My motherboard doesn't have IGPU, so I can't enable that, i'm just on the discrete.

- Some users got to the installation screen by disabling CSM and deleting "CsmVideoDxe-64.efi" : my motherboard is Legacy BIOS (with Hybrid EFI technology) I don't have CSM option

- At Sierra it's good, my 2 monitor recognized correctly.

So maybe if I will able to edit that Info.plist I can finally have signal, I don't know. Appreciate any help. 

UPDATE: 

Got signal on my 1st monitor with DP -> HDMI

Installed Mojave without problem, booted to desktop.

-> HDMI ports are not working neither DVI, just DP. Looking for a solution.

2nd problem is that my SATA drive doesn't appear in Disk Utility. 

- At Sierra no problem

- High Sierra, no drives -> fixed by restoring AppleAHCIPort.kext v328 to S/L/E

- This problem maybe related to my chipset, because maybe that is not supported anymore (Intel 6 Series chipset, H61)

- At Mojave I tried to modify the BaseSystem.dmg in the Mojave Installer.app to restore AppleAHCIPort.kext v328 -> My drives got recognized but not initialized, also broke the partition and I have to reformat.

- Tried another AHCIInjectors, nothing changed.

- AHCI-SATA: Enabled in BIOS  -> Fix in #4 Post

CLOVER_legacy_p61.zip

Edited by rtke333

• 2 weeks later...

Fixed SATA problem with :

new ICH patch by vit9696.
AppleAHCIPort
Find
Replace

You're right guys, but I didn't have a DP to HDMI adapter. 

Now I got one, so I tested it: Got signal on my 1st monitor with DP -> HDMI

Installed Mojave without problem, booted to desktop.

-> HDMI ports are not working, just DP. Looking for a solution.