Asus X70IO - Sound , USB and reboot/shutdown issue

NIkko485

3 posts in this topic

Hi !
First of all I'm french, sorry for bad english...

The laptop is an Asus X70IO :
- Processor T4200 (C2D 2GHZ),
- Memory 4GB DDR2,
- Graphic Card GT120M 1GB,
- Chipset NVidia MCP79D.
- HDD 500go classic (Not SSD)

What I've managed to done :

I've managed to get to the El Capitan installer trough ##### 6.2.0 USB Key made.
The first problem encounter was the built-in keyboard and mouse were not working, even with USB keyboard/mouse.
I Got them to work by adding VoodooPS2Controller.kext in "Other" folder, but still no USB keyboard nor USB mouse. Strange by the way because USB Key is working...

Installation starts, continues, finishes, fine then reboot fine but in Clover, no internal HDD (Sata Enhanced mode in BIOS but even in IDE mode).
USB boot via external enclosure OK (but still with no USB keyboard/mouse... very weird!)
Trying several things and 2-3 clean installation later, the solution I've found is the Enoch version of Chameleon (Rev2961).

Now I'm stuck on 3 problems :
- USB devices other than 2.0 don't work at all (USB Key, HDD OK so I suppose USB1.1 is not functional)
- The system boot like charm, but it can't reboot, shutdown properly ( I don't really care about sleep function but it could be cool if so...)
- There is no sound (HDMI is not used at all on this computer)

Is there anyone coud help me ?

Thank's a lot in advance.

EDIT : Error in post title, the laptop model is X70I0, not K70I0

Jonathan (Alias Nikko485)

Edited by NIkko485

Udpate : Strangely, and without looking for, the sleep function works !
Still no shutdown nor reboot.

For info, the audio PCI address (or what ever it is...) is :
Audio Device 0x10DE0AC0
Sub Device 0x10431503

For the USB :
 - OHCI (1.1) : 0x10DE0AA5, 0x10431D17
 - EHCI (2.0) : 0x10DE0AA6, 0x10431D17

Here is the last information...

Thank's again for your help.

Update #2 : It was strange without that but now it's almost scary !
The sound is working but I don't even know how nor why !!

The fact :
In order to try, I've install the update from App Store to the 10.11.6 version > Fine it's still work !

The only difference is the Sata Device is correctly listed in System Information but still no sound nor USB1.1 (mouse and keyboard).

I've try to migrate all the data from the previous installation (10.6.8) and during the process, i've heard the sound came alive with the characteristic "PLOP !" from internal speakers !!!

But as I've select all file for migration, the OS crashed (old bootloader and kext were copied...) so I've had to perform an other clean install, update to 10.11.6, migrate data but this time without parameter (so without bootloader and kext), and the sound came alive again !

Is there a logic explanation or am I a wizard who really don't know what he doing ?