Mojave on Asus K56CM

Antonio 05200

4 posts in this topic

Hi guys,
Sorry for the question, but I’m a noob in hackintosh.
I would like to install Mac OS Mojave on Asus K56CM.
My components aren’t the best, but I think that they are compatible.
I have Intel core i3, Nvidia 635M and 4GB RAM. Could you suggest me the kext or the clover configuration please ?

You'll have no support for that nVidia 635M dGPU because it's Fermi architecture. Since Apple does not provide drivers for Fermi GPUs, these require the nVidia Web Driver and there is none so far for Mojave. default_no.gif

If you can disable the dGPU (in BIOS or though DSDT/SSDT patching), then there should be no issue running Mojave on the iGPU of your Ivy Bridge i3-CPU, provided it's HD4000 indeed. What's the CPU model?

If you must or can only run on the dGPU, then High Sierra 10.13.6 would be your best shot at the moment.

Thank you so much for answering. My CPU is an intel i3 3217U 1.8GHz. I think that then I’ll install High Sierra as suggested. Could you tell me if there’s a clover configuration already done?

Thank you so much for answering. My CPU is an intel i3 3217U 1.8GHz. I think that then I’ll install High Sierra as suggested. Could you tell me if there’s a clover configuration already done?

Mojave should work with your intel hd4000 so why install high Sierra? RehabMan has plenty of pre made config.plists to work from just pick the right one and modify as needed. Also search the forum for your specific laptop maybe it has a guide.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know if your laptop is setup in legacy or UEFI mode; your Clover installation options will differ according to that. Then, you may give a try to the attached Clover settings.
EFI_Asus_KC56M.zip

Obviously, you'll have to list your systems specs to let us know what type of audio /LAN/wireless/Bluetooth/card reader/etc. you have so that the installation can be tuned accordingly.

Thank you so much. Very kind. As soon as I can I’ll try this configuration