After going through the Dortania guide about OpenCore, I managed to get Big Sur working on my Dell Inspiron 7572 Laptop. Here is the list of things which work and which does not:
- Audio (Realtek ALC3246) No sound from headphones though.
- Intel UHD 620 graphics.
- Backlight, keyboard and trackpad.
- iMessage, FaceTime and App Store.
NOT WORKING / Issues:
- Wifi (Got a cheap Wifi USB adapter to work TPLink TL-WN725N)
- Sleep not working correctly. Display does not turn on.
- Shutdown keeps the laptop running with display off. Restart works correctly.
- Internal SATA drives not showing up.
After following the guide about ACPI on Dortania website. I patched the SSDTs manually. Didn't know whether I did it correctly or not.
Request you all to help me resolve the above issues, so that I can have a perfect hackintosh.
I just got a new macbook from my company - its acting as a stand alone and not connected to the servers, however as Filefault is now activated upon set up by default, i am unsure if my company had set up a file vault master keychain or something before i did my macbook setup. In the System preferences > FileVault it just says "A recovery key has been set" as apposed to "A recovery key has been set by your company, school or institution" like I have seem screen shots of online when institutions can do this. How do I know if my company has done something - would it just say in FileVault?
Hello. I have recently installed a "Hackintosh Sierra Zone" 10.12.3 distro (yes, I know they are unstable and might contain malware) on my Dell Inspiron 7567. I am now experiencing trouble with the integrated GPU, Intel HD (not UHD!) Graphics 630: there is no acceleration, I can observe noticeable screen flickering and the displayed amount of VRAM is 7MB.
Here's what I've tried so far:
1. Enabling InjectIntel and disablegfxfirmware and setting Fake ID = 0x59120000.
2. Changing SMBIOS to iMac 18,1 (still displayed as a 21,5 in About This Mac).
3. The last thing I tried was installing Lilu and WhateverGreen as per this manual, which required me to disable the first workaround completely.
I have included my Clover's config.plist and the output of kextstat.
Thanks in advance!
Best regards, Luka
P. S. Is it possible to move this topic into 'Intel Graphics'?