Shift from i5-6500 to lga775

partht

4 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Greetings.

I am currently using hackintosh on i5-6500 and Gigabyte H-170-d3P board with Intel HD530 onboard graphics.

Now I need this PC for some BIM modelling work and hence need to shift the hackintosh build to my old PC.

Specs are:-

Intel Q9550, Asus P5Q-E (G45) board, Zotac GTX 550Ti card.

I just wanted to know, what is the best way to go about this?

Is this possible without a fresh install or the painstaking method of physically reinstalling all my apps on the new hackintosh?

Thanking you in anticipation,

Warm Regards,

Parth.

It depends what OS Version you're running at

If it's High Sierra or lower, you'll be fine using your actual installation, just add the needed kext inside the Clover/Kexts/10.XX folder, you'll also need to change the SMBIOS for iMac10,1, use correct configuration and bootflags inside the Clover config.plist file, also you'll probably need to reinstall Clover for Legacy BIOS (if you ain't already using it, wich I highly doubt since you are using Skylake) And, try to get a DSDT for your hardware (you can find those, patch yourself or ask someone to patch it for you (there's a tread on Olarila as well as OSXLatitude for that, I don't know if there's one on InsanelyMac tho)

but if you're using Mojave, you better of just do a clean High Sierra install, because Mojave won't work natively on Core 2 systems, and also because your GTX 550 Ti isn't supported.

To be honest, I think it will just be easier to do a clean install of High Sierra and copy back all your file if you don't have THAT MUCH stuff, and some app will work by just copying them into the Applications folder, but some will need to be reinstalled.

Hope that'll help you, good luck :)

Edited by Lysergatek

Hello,

as Lysergatek indicated generate a new config.plist for iMac10,1 and I would suggest to create a copy of EFI/CLOVER/OEM/SystemProductName to EFI/CLOVER/OEM/P5Q-E directory. 

(you'd better verify with CloverConfigurator in bootlog what name clover bootloader sees your mainboard as)

Then copy your kexts to matching OEM/P5Q-E/kexts/10.xxx and OEM/P5Q-E/config.plist -- you should be set to use your installation on new hardware (probably you will need other kexts as hardware has changed see links bellow).

Note 0: If you will find that P5Q-E board does not allow to sleep then look into manual for USBPWR jumper on mainboard
(without changing jumper position no OS will go into sleep mode -- it will go into sleep mode and then immediately wake up -- I went quickly through manual and did not find such jumper on P5Q-E mainboard but keep it in mind)

Note 1: I would suggest to do same for your Gigabyte H-170-d3P board [EFI/CLOVER/OEM/H-170-D3P] -- it would allow you to move disk between machines if such need arises (once it was configured all what you will need to do: shutdown the system, move the disk into new system and power it up).

Note 2: To make switching between any OSes easier you could use following HDD caddy -- 3.5" HDD caddy to 5.25" bay -- shutdown system, replace the disk and boot other OS.

Note 3: you still will require to find working kexts for your network chip and sound chip (probably AppleALC with proper layout id will work). Video card should work fine upto High Sierra (it still will work in Mojave but there will no acceleration QE/CL -- Nvidia GTX 650Ti remedies the situation, it works fine in Mojave. Mojave requires SSE4.2 which is not part of your CPU -- remedy Mojave and SSE4.2 instructions).

Note 4: well if you do not have to use both OSes at the same time then dual boot could be a solution -- just install second HDD and install Windows 10 on second HDD. Or as other option you could 'shrink' MacOS partition in 'Disk Tool', you will get extra partition which you should format in ExFat and then just install Windows 10 -- see Dual boot Hackintosh with Windows 10
[

you will require modify Windows 10 installation USB drive:

copy efi/boot/BOOT64x.efi efi/microsoft/boot/bootmgfw.efi
rename efi/microsoft/boot/cdboot.efi  efi/microsoft/boot/cdboot.bak

]

NIC: 

Dual Gigabit LAN controllers
Marvell 88E8056/88E8001® Gigabit LAN controller featuring AI NET2, Teaming and Redundant

[0] Marvell Yukon 88E8056 (10.8 - 10.8.5) 3.0 (12F45)
[1] Marvell Yukon 88E8056
[2] Marvell 88E8056 for OS X 10.11 [1]

[3] Marvell Yukon 88E8001

Audio:
ADI® AD2000B 8-channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Support Jack-Detection, Multi-Streaming, and Front Panel Jack-Retasking 
- Coaxial/Optical S/PDIF out ports at back I/O
- ASUS Noise-Filtering

[0] AppleALC LayoutID 5,7

osx151212

Edited by osx151212