What Notebook should I buy for building a more powerful Hackintosh?

BTX

4 posts in this topic

I going to buy a new notebook, I prefer to have more powerful processing power than  MacBook Pro 13 2018.

- GTX 1060 or other display rather than intel

I don't know which one can work perfectly.

Hello!

GTX 1060 is not native supported by OS X Mojave. NVDA has till now no WEBdrivers developed. When and at all they are being released, nobody knows.

You should have a look at the Dell XPS series. You could use the forum search to find with OS X useable devices.

Have fun.

If you specifically need more powerful processing power than MacBook Pro 13 2018, then you should go for a laptop which has a higher configuration than the MacBook Pro 13. There are many laptops available which has a better config than the MacBook Pro 13, but there's something called "budget". If you have a good budget, then I would recommend you to go with Dell XPS 15 9560 otherwise you can also consider to buy - Acer Aspire R 15, ASUS ZenBook 13 (depending on your budget). You can also check out this website listing top 10 best hackintosh laptops. They have listed some great laptops that you can buy to build your own hackintosh.

If you further need any assistance, I'm always here :)

• 2 weeks later...

For a laptop with a good GPU you need to choose one without Nvidia optimus, usually mid range GPU like 1050 or 1050Ti use this feature, look for Gsync this feature need the other one to be disabled.

I have an Aorus X5 V6 with i7 6820HK and a GTX 1070 and works great.

Good Luck