Upgrade query using MacPwn

abhi.eternal

8 posts in this topic

I currently have High Sierra running on my Hackintosh, which I installed using MacPwn.

Now, there is an update on the App Store about Mojave. When I clicked download, it didn't download any large file that it did with earlier installations. I am guessing it's a web installer?

Anyway, can I upgrade directly using the installer (I have not started the download as there is no point if I can't) or can I upgrade using the MacPwn Mojave installer? Or is my only option is to do a clean installation of Mojave? TIA.

1 hour ago, styrian said:

Hello!

Why don't you ask, where you have got your tool from. To get proper support here you should use by Insanelymac featured tools, which you can find in the download section.

Have fun.

I had actually tried the tools here first but unfortunately, that didn't work for me. That's why I used this tool. I can, of course, ask them but I really like this community (as it's unlike another community where you cannot just speak about anything else) and thought of asking here first. Plus, InsanelyMac is way more streamlined for discussion/advice.

Also, I did do a search with MacPwn and saw there were replies to the related articles. Hence, I posted with some hope to get some advice.

Hello!

I have looked a bit around and doubt now, that the Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 has metal support. Without this MJ makes no fun, even if you get it to run.

By the way I think, that it would be a good idea, to upgrade the ram of your device at least to 8 GB for running HS in a smooth way.

Have fun.

On 11/1/2018 at 6:02 AM, styrian said:

Hello!

I have looked a bit around and doubt now, that the Sapphire Radeon HD 6670 has metal support. Without this MJ makes no fun, even if you get it to run.

By the way I think, that it would be a good idea, to upgrade the ram of your device at least to 8 GB for running HS in a smooth way.

Have fun.

Thanks.

What worthy features I can get with metal support? I have 8 GB RAM btw - two 4GB sticks.

On 11/4/2018 at 2:15 AM, styrian said:

Hello!

Metal support is needed to install MJ without bigger hacks. If your Cpu gfx (IGPU -Ivy-Bridge) is available, you should be good to go by using it.

Have fun.

Thanks. CPU is Ivy Bridge. Will try to install and see how it goes. Unfortunately, got a little busy right now so this needs to wait. Will update once I try it out.