Problems installing Mojave with RX 580

DapperDuck

20 posts in this topic

Hello dear Insanelymac users,

I just got an RX 580 card from Sapphire after ditching my old GTX 1080 card because of the lack of Nvidia web drivers. 

I only have the slight problem that I'm just unable to boot from my USB thumb drive. I made one using InsanelMac's MBR USB installer and of course the clover Bootloader installer. 

After I select boot MacOS install from USB Drive the screen turns black.

Are their special steps required for my build or the RX 580?

Specs:

Intel i7 8700K

Gigabyte AORUS UG z370 motherboard

Sapphire RX 580 Pulse GPU

I attached my old clover folder which originally contains kexts for my old GTX 1080. Lilu, shikh and Nvidiafixup, but I deleted those before I copied all the kexts to the installer USB. 

CLOVER.zip

20 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

post one photo

Hi MaLd0n.

I have never seen anything like this before lol. First I get a normal kernel panic, then all the text turns blurry and I see the spot line as presented on the last picture. 

Really don't know where things go wrong. I also added the Clover folder. 

CLOVER.zip

IMG_0454.jpeg

IMG_0455.jpeg

IMG_0456.jpeg

34 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

update ur bios to last version, remove dsdt, reboot and extract one send me for me

RunMe.app

Hi MaLd0N I updated my BIOS and ran the installer USB without the DSDT.aml file but it still results into a kernel panic when booting the installer.

Where do I need to run the RunMe app? 

10 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

use other usb port

Hi MaLd0n,

I got the same screen again but after waiting for like 2 minutes I got into the Mojave installer. After installing, everything was working OOB. Sound, the RX 580. Only problem is that my USB 3.0 drives won't work in the front USB 3.0 ports but that's not a big issue. Thanks for your help so far!

However, I get the block of text every time I boot into my MacOS SSD, which I posted earlier at every single boot which takes booting the PC longer.... Do you know how I can get rid of it? 

It starts with the lines of text in the image I attached to this post and it continues with the text lines from my third post. 

Hopefully you can still help me out! 

IMG_0461.jpeg

EDIT:

That was the -V boot flag for Verbose mode. After removing the -V flag, it boots as it should.

So the only thing that remains are my USB 3.0 ports not working. Do you know what could be the issue of that? Back when I had my GTX 1080 I also had problems with USB 3.0 ports but that was a problem most people had with High Sierra (and Mojave atm).

Edited by DapperDuck

2 hours ago, DapperDuck said:

Hi MaLd0n,

I got the same screen again but after waiting for like 2 minutes I got into the Mojave installer. After installing, everything was working OOB. Sound, the RX 580. Only problem is that my USB 3.0 drives won't work in the front USB 3.0 ports but that's not a big issue. Thanks for your help so far!

However, I get the block of text every time I boot into my MacOS SSD, which I posted earlier at every single boot which takes booting the PC longer.... Do you know how I can get rid of it? 

It starts with the lines of text in the image I attached to this post and it continues with the text lines from my third post. 

Hopefully you can still help me out! 

EDIT:

That was the -V boot flag for Verbose mode. After removing the -V flag, it boots as it should.

So the only thing that remains are my USB 3.0 ports not working. Do you know what could be the issue of that? Back when I had my GTX 1080 I also had problems with USB 3.0 ports but that was a problem most people had with High Sierra (and Mojave atm).

disable hibernate

https://olarila.com/files/Utils/disablehibernate.command.zip

run it too

https://olarila.com/files/Utils/RepairPermissions.zip

reboot

52 minutes ago, Donw35 said:

is KernelPM checked ?i

Screen Shot 2018-10-30 at 7.06.19 AM.png

Yes it's checked.

32 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

I ran the two command files and rebooted the machine but USB 3.0 is still not working.

USB 2.0 devices in the 3.0 ports work just fine but my external HDD USB 3.0 and USB 3.0 sticks are simply not working in the 3.0 ports. I really don't understand what's causing this as I've got the USB/XCHI patches in Clover configurator.

8 minutes ago, Donw35 said:

do you have any USB3.0 ports that do work

Not one. Only USB 2.0 devices work in the USB 3.0 ports. USB 3.0 devices in the front USB 3.0 or back ports simply don't work. And I don't know why. 

I added a new "patch" to clover for Mojave for USB 3.0 support but it only results in the same but I get the message that I need additional power for the USB Device...

U just need what unused ports and excluded with flag

example

used ports, tested with usb stick 2 and 3

MaLd0n 2018-10-30 às 16.50.35.png

unused ports excluded with flag

uia_exclude=HS01;HS02;HS05;HS06;HS13;HS14;SS01;SS02;SS05;SS06;SS09;SS10;USR1;USR2

Check alternation

ports SS03, SS04, SS07 and SS08 is same as HS03, HS04, HS07 and HS08 is same, but if u connect with USB 3 device appears in SS(super speed), if u use usb 2 device appears in HS(high speed)

6 minutes ago, MaLd0n said:

U just need what unused ports and excluded with flag

example

used ports, tested with usb stick 2 and 3

MaLd0n 2018-10-30 às 16.50.35.png

unused ports excluded with flag

uia_exclude=HS01;HS02;HS05;HS06;HS13;HS14;SS01;SS02;SS05;SS06;SS09;SS10;USR1;USR2

Check alternation

ports SS03, SS04, SS07 and SS08 is same as HS03, HS04, HS07 and HS08, if u connect with USB 3 device appears in SS(super speed), if u use usb 2 device appears in HS(high speed)

Hi mate where can I find this? What program do you use to achieve all this? 

Rehabman's guide is for the more advanced users. I'm still a rookie at this lol! 

• 2 weeks later...