[HELP] Intel HD 630 Kaby Lake 5MB VRAM

angelo_ios

8 posts in this topic

Hello! 

My Intel HD 630 isn’t functioning on MacOS Mojave (or High Sierra)

It only shows 5MB of VRAM. 

Things i tried:

Whatevergreen&Lilu

Clover IntelGFX (Fake ID)

Clover IG-Platform-ID (Need to use the one now or my Mac won’t boot)

Clover Patches

Boot args

Setting the NVRAM myself (Clover)

AppleIntelKBLFramebuffer.kext (Forced load by clover)

FakeCPUID (tried many different ones)

Other Clover settings:

SMBIOS: iMac18,2 (Native HD 630 Support, can’t get it to work)

My processor is a Intel Pentium G4620 

Other Hardware:

NVidia 1050 GTX (Not supported on Mojave, Workaround is not my favorite)

If someone has any other idea whatsoever anything is welcome as I ran out of ideas and places for a answer (I’m the only one with the 5MB issue, others have 4 or 7MB)

1 hour ago, MaLd0n said:

post ur files

RunMe.app

Hey! thanks for the reply, I messed up my clover by following someones guide for the intel630, I'm now booting to a black screen with random -v text popping up. taking a quality picture is impossible as my iPhone can't sharpen the camera in under 1 second... Maybe you have some ideas on how to fix this?

Whatevergreen and Lilu Ain't fixing this, I tried. 

18 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

skylake+ pentium igpu is not working. it's normal.

penitum igpu support only Sierra. but its has safari webkit error. i recommend you use external graphic or change i3+ cpu

나의 LG-F800S 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

There are users who got it working, I don't understand why I can't get it to work properly. tried almost everything now and somehow I keep running into new problems when fixing others...

2 minutes ago, angelo_ios said:

There are users who got it working, I don't understand why I can't get it to work properly. tried almost everything now and somehow I keep running into new problems when fixing others...

Also Kaby Lake and UHD 630 are supposed to be natively supported (AppleIntelKBLFramebuffer.kext) from the latest release of MacOS High Sierra (iMac 18,2/3 and MacBookPro15,2) 

I do have a Nvidia 1050 but those graphics are not optimised for Mojave (WebDrivers) 

Anyways I've spend 5 days on trying to fix this its about time im giving up. I will be installing High Sierra and wait on Nvidia.

Thanks for all the help!

Also Kaby Lake and UHD 630 are supposed to be natively supported (AppleIntelKBLFramebuffer.kext) from the latest release of MacOS High Sierra (iMac 18,2/3 and MacBookPro15,2) 

I do have a Nvidia 1050 but those graphics are not optimised for Mojave (WebDrivers) 

Anyways I've spend 5 days on trying to fix this its about time im giving up. I will be installing High Sierra and wait on Nvidia.

Thanks for all the help!
its different for uhd630 between i series and pentium on macOS

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sherlocks said:

its different for uhd630 between i series and pentium on macOS

Yeah I know that... but some users got it working on a Pentium so yeah I was hoping I could do the same. anyways when I saw the 5mb I was getting my hopes up a little (failed horribly) 

I am installing High Sierra back now and won't be updating till the new WebDrivers are released or a workaround (with metal support) is found.