Need help with DSDT patch for Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 with i7 6700k on High Sierra install

Kinspappy

13 posts in this topic

Please help with DSDT patch for Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 with i7 6700k.  This is my first hackintosh build and have done a lot of research/reading the last several days.  I went with what is supposed to be a vanilla install of High Sierra.  This was after trying to install Mojave and then realizing my video card doesn't have Nvidia web drivers for it.  Probably installed High Sierra 6 or so times trying to get it right.  Still don't have HDMI audio working, but have a DP2HDMI adapter coming in the mail.  As I understand, that is supposed to fix it.  My motherboard audio doesn't work right either.  The digital output works as well as the line out, but the headphone port does not.  I don't know about the other sound ports  My usb 3.1 port doesn't work when waking from sleep.  I am sure there are other issues that I haven't found/don't know about yet.  Attached is my runme app files.  Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!

Kinspappy

OS X version: High Sierra 10.13.6

Motherboard model: Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming 7 (revision 1.0)
Bios version: F22m (most current)
Processor: 4.01 GHz Intel Core i7 6700k
Graphics: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8191 MB

Send me StealthDragon.zip

Edited by Kinspappy
Forgot to attach runme app files

7 hours ago, Kinspappy said:

Thanks for the quick response!  I added the RunMe app files to the first post.

DSDT.aml.zip

use 

change GFX0 to IGPU

change HDAS to HDEF

change HECI to IMEI
494d4549 

change SAT0 to SATA

12 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

DSDT.aml.zip

use 

change GFX0 to IGPU

change HDAS to HDEF

change HECI to IMEI
494d4549 

change SAT0 to SATA

Thanks again for the help!

So here I have been reading all of these forum posts where someone asks you for help and then you say run the RunMe.app and post the zip.  So I decide that I need help to, but now I realize I not sure of what to do next.  Anyways, this is what I did do with what you replied.  I unzipped the DSDT.aml file and copied it to my EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.  Then I added all the changes you replied with into the ACPI section of clover configurator for my config.plist and rebooted the computer.  I hope that is correct.  Not sure I saw any changes looking at my config.plist.

On a different note, for some reason I remember some posts where you sent people a clover folder to copy over the one they have.  I thought it was to fix what they had wrong.  Maybe it's just late and I am not remembering correctly.  Or hopefully it's because my install isn't really that screwed up.

Edited by Kinspappy
spelling error

6 hours ago, Kinspappy said:

Thanks again for the help!

So here I have been reading all of these forum posts where someone asks you for help and then you say run the RunMe.app and post the zip.  So I decide that I need help to, but now I realize I not sure of what to do next.  Anyways, this is what I did do with what you replied.  I unzipped the DSDT.aml file and copied it to my EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder.  Then I added all the changes you replied with into the ACPI section of clover configurator for my config.plst and rebooted the computer.  I hope that is correct.  Not sure I saw any changes looking at my config.plst.

On a different note, for some reason I remember some posts where you sent people a clover folder to copy over the one they have.  I thought it was to fix what they had wrong.  Maybe it's just late and I am not remembering correctly.  Or hopefully it's because my install isn't really that screwed up.

extract new SEND_ME with new files

1 hour ago, MaLd0n said:

extract new SEND_ME with new files

Good Morning MaLd0n!  At least here it is.

Here is my new SendMe.app files.  I guess since you didn't tell me what I did in my last post was wrong, I am okay.  Are all the kexts I have needed?  I know I had WhateverGreen because my system wouldn't boot without it.  When I read up on the USBInjectAll kext on RehabMan's GitHub it talked about only using the port limit patch temporarily and instead talked about using FakePCIID_XHCIMux.  I will be reading up on that again to learn more about it.  I am quite sure I need the other ones for various reasons.  AppleALC for audio. AtherosE2200Ethernet for my E2400 LAN chip.  IntelMausiEthernet for my Intel GbE LAN chip.  Lilu to support some of these kexts.  FakeSMC which is required by a Hackintosh for booting the system.  I know you know all of this, but just want to be sure I am doing things right and learn what I can.

So, on today's list is to figure out my USB ports and sound ports.  Right now my headphones port still doesn't work.

On a side note, for anyone else that may read this, I have had trouble the first couple of times I ran the RunMe.app.  The first time I let it sit for probably around 45 minutes, since it did say after prompting for my password that it may take awhile.  I then figured out that you can't have IOReg or Clover Configurator open.  Maybe even MaciASL.  Also had my EFI mounted which may have been a problem.  No when I run the RunMe.app, I make sure no associated apps are running and my EFI is not mounted and takes my system less than a minute in a half to finish after entering my password when it prompts.  I suppose "may take awhile" is relative to the person reading it.

As always, Thanks again!

Kinspappy 

Send me StealthDragon.zip

Nice!  Looks like I may need to find/install codeccommander to help with my Creative CA0132 on board audio issues according to a post you made to someone else on this forum.  Looks like I have some reading to do!

Edited by Kinspappy

3 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

looks good

for audio u can check infos here

So, I watched and paused the video multiple times, but still ran into problems.  After step 1 checking the device it says "-Find the audio device in DSDT", then "-Search for _ADR0x001B000" (this is with 3 zeros at the end).  Though later in the video it shows a search in 1 of the examples as being done with 4 zeros at the end.  This confused me a bit, but I press on.  So, I open up my DSDT.aml file in MaciASL and search, but nothing with the three zeros at the end come up.  What does come of are 8 lines with 0x001B0000 through 0x001B0007.  The device listed 2 lines above each of them was RP17 through RP24.  Though I later found a line that was already listed as 0x001F0003 with a device listed 2 lines above as HDEF.

After a bit of trial and error, I went with my 0x001B000 must have already been changed to 0x001F0003.  So, I just change the HDEF to HDAS compile, save as, copy to my patched folder and reboot.  Now I am in the process of testing the headphone port while changing the layout id in clover configurator under devices then rebooting.  Hopefully I did this correctly?  If not, let me know!

Thanks again as always!!!

Kinspappy 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/27/2018 at 2:12 AM, Kinspappy said:

After a bit of trial and error, I went with my 0x001B000 must have already been changed to 0x001F0003.  So, I just change the HDEF to HDAS compile, save as, copy to my patched folder and reboot.  Now I am in the process of testing the headphone port while changing the layout id in clover configurator under devices then rebooting.  Hopefully I did this correctly?  If not, let me know!

Thanks again as always!!!

Kinspappy 

Hello, can you share your EFI?

My computer configuration is the same as yours.

Thank you very much

On 10/26/2018 at 11:02 PM, Kinspappy said:

Watching video now.  Thanks!

On 10/26/2018 at 11:02 PM, Kinspappy said:

Watching video now.  Thanks!

Please help me!@

Edited by wzlzy1978