About Just Joined group Read more... ×
wado729

Ethernet Speed lower than it should be

1 post in this topic

Here's my build
CPU: i7-8700k
MB: MSI Z370i Gaming Carbon AC
RAM: 16 GB DDR4 Crucial Ballistix

My internet chipset is Intel I219-V Gigabit LAN controller and I am using version 2.4.0d0 of IntelMausiEthernet.kext.

I am paying for gigabit down speeds but I am not getting on my hackingtosh. My windows work CPU gets speeds up to 900mb/s but my hackintosh tops out at around 490-510mb/s. It's been like this on 10.13 and 10.13.6. Both machines are not using wi-fi when testing speed, they are both going straight into my router.

Anybody else have this issue?

Advertisement

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Announcements

• Similar Content

• By gekko.be
      I have an old Hackintosh that I have brought back to life. An ASUS P5KPLAM-SE mobo, Intel Core 2 Quad, with a Sapphire HD 5670 1GB graphics card. It used to work just fine on High Sierra 10.13.3 (I think it was .3) However I only used the DVI port. Updated to 10.13.6 and with AMD kexts rollback to the previous versions I got everything o wrk just fine: boot, HDMI video, HDMI audio etc etc. The only problem I face is that my USB keyboard and mouse freeze/hang seemingly very random... I can not seem to get it right. Unplugging and replugging the USB device makes it work again, sometimes for a few seconds sometimes for an hour ... No idea what's wrong... Have tried tons of options in clover, USBInjectall.kext with port limit patch, whatever I could find... Would there be anyone out there who would have an idea of what could be the problem?
    • By macinsane
      *This guide is deprecated and will not be maintained anymore*

Update: Now running Mojave! Thanks to mojave2core! Yeah   Still using C2D in 2019!
      Inserted a nice and cheap GT710 that is not relying on nVidias Webdrivers and runs OOB under Mojave.

Nice, seeing High Sierra running on this old but capable system! It rocks with a new ASUS GT1030

Config:
      Gigabyte EP43-DS3L
      Core2Quad Q9300
      6 GB DDR2 RAM
      Asus GT1030 2GB
      Sandisk SSD 128GB
      TP-Link AC1200 Wifi USB
      Inateck KT4006 USB 3.0 PCIe (No boot)

SMBIOS: iMac14,1
      Clover: 4297  4360

A good deal of DSDT editing was necessary to get this machine to boot High Sierra but finally it works flawlessly, even sleep and wake!
      You NEED to have the DSDT put in place for installation because otherwise macOS doesn't recognize the SATA ports.
      There are a few important BIOS settings: SATA hast to be set to AHCI and "native" and HPET has to be run "64-bit", I'd recommend to disable IDE and the serial and parallel port.
      For the GT1030 nVidia Webdrivers are needed, have to boot with nv_disable=1 until you have them installed.
      You have to install Clover in legacy mode because this old fella does not support UEFI.

Only downside: The so often recommended Inateck USB-card isn't recognized by BIOS, so you cannot boot from it. It works perfectly within macOS though, have the ac-Wifi connected to it.
      config.plist.zip
      DSDT.aml.zip
    • By Mieze
      This project is dedicated to Lucy, my lovely little Tyrannofelis Rex. 

LucyRTL8125Ethernet is an open source driver for the Realtek RTL8125 family of 2.5GBit Ethernet controllers.

Key Features of the Driver
      Supports all versions of Realtek's RTL8125 2.5GBit Ethernet Controllers found on recent boards. Support for multisegment packets relieving the network stack of unnecessary copy operations when assembling packets for transmission. No-copy receive and transmit. Only small packets are copied on reception because creating a copy is more efficient than allocating a new buffer. TCP, UDP and IPv4 checksum offload (receive and transmit). TCP segmentation offload over IPv4 and IPv6. Support for TCP/IPv4, UDP/IPv4, TCP/IPv6 and UDP/IPv6 checksum offload. Supports jumbo frames up to 9000 bytes (strongly recommended for 2.5GBit operation). Fully optimized for Mojave and above. Note that older versions of macOS might not support 2.5GB Ethernet. Supports Wake on LAN (untested). Supports VLAN (untested). Support for Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) which can be disabled by setting enableEEE to NO in the drivers Info.plist without rebuild. The default is YES. The driver is published under GPLv2.  
      Current Status
      The driver has been tested successfully under Catalina (10.15.4 and above) and, according to first tests, is working stable. I haven't experienced any Kernel Panics during my tests and is working stable on my primary work machine. The driver has been designed to work with Catalina but might also work with Mojave, provided you build from source with Xcode 10.. Please keep in mind that support for 2.5GBit Ethernet was introduced in Mojave (or maybe High Sierra?) so that there is no way to make it work with Sierra or below.  
      Known Issues
      Using autoselect medium it seems to prefer negotiating a connection speed of 1Gbit with my switch so that I had to select 2.5GBit/s manually in order to achieve this speed but it might be different with other switches.   Installation
      You might want to install the driver to /L/E as usual but it's also ok to use Clover's injection function (installation in the EFI folder). Use your favorite kext installation tool for installation or perform the installation manually (for Clover injection). It's your call!  
      Help - I'm getting kernel panics!
      Well, before you start complaining about bugs after you upgraded macOS and ask me to publish a driver update, you should first try to resolve the issue on your own by cleaning the system caches.
      As the driver uses macOS's private network driver interface, which is supposed to be used by Apple provided drivers only, you might run into problems after an OS update because the linker may fail to recognize that IONetworking.kext has been updated and that the driver needs to be linked against the new version (Apple provided drivers avoid this problem because they are always updated together with IONetworking.kext). As a result, the linking process produces garbage and the driver may call arbitrary code when trying to call functions from IONetworking.kext. This usually results in unpredicted behavior or a kernel panic. In order to recover from such a situation, you should clean the System Caches forcing the linker to recreate it's caches:
      Delete all the files in /System/Library/Caches and it's subdirectories but leave the directories and the symbolic links intact. This is very important! Reboot. Recreate the kernel cache. Reboot again.  
      Troubleshooting
      Make sure you have followed the installation instructions especially when you have issues with certain domains while the others are working fine. Use the debug version to collect log data when trying to track down problems. The kernel log messages can be retrieved with "log show --predicate "processID == 0" --debug" in order to retrieve kernel logs. Include the log data when asking for support or giving feedback. I'm an engineer, not a clairvoyant. Don't copy and paste large amounts of log data to your post. Create an archive with the log data and attach it to your post. In case you don't want to make your log data publicly accessible, contact me via PM and I will provide you a mail address to send it directly to me.  Delete the following files: /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist In Terminal run netstat -s in order to display network statistics. Carefully examine the data for any unusual activity like a high number of packets with bad IP header checksums, etc. In case auto-configuration of the link layer connection doesn't work it might be necessary to select the medium manually in System Preferences under Network for the interface. Use Wireshark to create a packet dump in order to collect diagnostic information. Keep in mind that there are many manufacturers of network equipment. Although Ethernet is an IEEE standard, different implementations may show different behavior causing incompatibilities. In case you are having trouble try a different switch or a different cable.  
      Changelog
      Version 1.0.0 (2020-08-14) Changed version number to make this the first official release. Version 1.0.0d6 (2020-06-14) Fixed chip recognition. Version 1.0.0d3 (2020-04-20) First working development release.  
      Getting the driver
      Source code can be found on GitHub: https://github.com/Mieze/LucyRTL8125Ethernet You'll find the lastest prebuilt binary in the download section: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/files/file/1004-lucyrtl8125ethernet/  

• By eLDeus
      Hello, can't figure out why there's no Line-In input option with VoodooHDA, but I definetly have it in my built-in audio card on the motherboard.
      Thanks!
    • By Rajan Pandit
      Hai, I have i5 2500k with 8GB Ram, GA-Z86 AP-D3 Rev. 1 (F3 Bios) with Samsung EVO SSD... 
      I Installed High Sierra 10.13.6, I use ##### to activate boot... everything is fine..
      but sometime my system Freeze..... and sometimes screen freeze but mouse worked
      means system is running.. mouse is also moving.. but Screen got freeze...
      please help me to resolve.. I really frustrated now. I install many times...
      but same problem... There is no graphic card in my system...

please help me.. I am attaching my clover folder.. please help
      CLOVER.zip