How to get SMBios MacBookPro8,2 working on my Asus G73sw?

FCU4ever

13 posts in this topic

I succesfully installed MacOS Sierra 10.12.6 on my Asus G73sw laptop with the MacBookPro10,1 SMBios. My Hackintosh also work with the MacBookPro10,1 SMBios. The problem is that MacBookPro10,1 is for “Ivy Bridge” laptops and not for “Sandy Bridge” like mine. Because of the MacBookPro10,1 SMBios I’m unable to generate a SSDT.aml file with ssdtPRGen.sh from Piker-Alpha (see attachment).

My Asus G73sw laptop has an Intel I7-2630QM processor and a Nvidia GTX460m videocard. The SMBios that comes close to my specifications is the MacBookPro8,2 SMBios. I changed the SMBios to MacBookPro8,2 with CloverConfigurator, copied the config.plist to my EFI folder and reboot -> black screen.

Then I tried a few things to get the MacBookPro8,2 SMBios working:
- Changed the SMBIOS to MacBookPro8,2 and add the below to KextToPatch
com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
BA050000 00
BA000000 00
Prevent AGDP from loading
Reboot -> Apple bar won’t load

- Changed the SMBIOS to MacBookPro8,2 and changed productname to iMac13,2
Reboot -> Apple bar load but get a blackscreen

- Changed the SMBIOS to MacBookPro8,2 and changed productname to iMac13,2 and add the below to KextToPatch
com.apple.driver.AppleGraphicsDevicePolicy
BA050000 00
BA000000 00
Prevent AGDP from loading
Reboot -> laptop boots good

So the laptop boots with the MacBookPro8,2 SMBios when I changed the productname and add a few lines to my kextToPatch. Changing the productname isn’t the right solution I think because I’m again not able to generate a SSDT.aml.
Can someone help me to get the MacBookPro8,2 SMBios working so that I can generate a correct SSDT.aml for my hackintosh

IMG_2347.JPG

Hello!

I would stay at Smbios of MBP 10,1/2 and let Clover generate C- and P-states for  your Sandybridge CPU. Clover is reading your cpu type not depending on chosen SMBios.

If AGPM is not loaded you have to make a LegacyAGPM.kext. For a HOWTO use please the forum search.

Have fun.

PS: SSdtPregen should only be used for Ivy Bridge CPU's and up.

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/17/2018 at 8:32 PM, styrian said:

Hello!

I would stay at Smbios of MBP 10,1/2 and let Clover generate C- and P-states for  your Sandybridge CPU. Clover is reading your cpu type not depending on chosen SMBios.

If AGPM is not loaded you have to make a LegacyAGPM.kext. For a HOWTO use please the forum search.

Have fun.

PS: SSdtPregen should only be used for Ivy Bridge CPU's and up.

Hi,

Thanks for your response. As you indicated, I will stay on SMbios MBP10,1 and edit my config.plist with CloverConfigurator to generate my C- and P-states. If I'm right I don't need an SSDT anymore?

With the SMBios MBP10,1 I don't need to add 'Prevent AGDP from loading' to my kexttopatch. Is it still necessary to make a LegacyAGPM.kext?

config_Test.plist

Schermafbeelding 2018-11-17 om 09.59.37.jpg

Hello!

With my Dell  L 702x 3D I have used the SMB of MBP 8,3 faked with this platform SMB by renaming it to MBP 8,4 a not exiting one one to be able to load AGPM and the PM legacy kext. A bi later I wil upload them here in the post. Try them. You need only to rename from 10,1 to 8,4. I think this should work. If you get AGPM and the x86.. loaded ( 4 entries under core one of CPU in IOREG), everything should be okay.

Have fun.

53 minutes ago, styrian said:

Hello!

Could you please upload a saved system profiler file and ioreg. (put the files in a new folder of your disire and compress it)? I want to have a look at them.

Have fun.

Can you tell me how I can do that?

Hello!

Click on Apple menue-About this Mac - Systemreport and save the file to documents (has endig ....spx) Open attached Ioregexplorer and save the outputfile to documents. (has ending. ......ioreg)

To show all endings click in menu on finder - preferences - advanced and check all endings.

Click on desktop, right click and select new folder.

Open Finder -Documents and copy or drag the files to new folder.

Right click on new folder - Compress.

Then drag the file to the post editing window, submit reply.

IORegistryExplorer.app.zip

Have fun.

1 hour ago, styrian said:

Hello!

Click on Apple menue-About this Mac - Systemreport and save the file to documents (has endig ....spx) Open attached Ioregexplorer and save the outputfile to documents. (has ending. ......ioreg)

To show all endings click in menu on finder - preferences - advanced and check all endings.

Click on desktop, right click and select new folder.

Open Finder -Documents and copy or drag the files to new folder.

Right click on new folder - Compress.

Then drag the file to the post editing window, submit reply.

IORegistryExplorer.app.zip

Have fun.

Thank you!

Output.zip

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2018 at 3:08 PM, styrian said:

Hello!

Does your device sleep on lid close?

It should be possible to get it working with SMB of  MBP 8,3 to get PM and AGPM working with it.

Can you please upload your current used Clover folder?

Have fun.

Sorry for my very, very late reaction. Very busy the past few weeks.

My device doesn't sleep with the lid close.

What is the advantage to get PM and AGPM working instead of staying on SMB MBP10,1 without PM and AGPM working?

See attachment for the folder.

Clover.zip