Need help with CloverHDA

warty

2 posts in this topic

On 8/20/2018 at 5:22PM, TessereKt said:

@insanelyDeepak,

It seems switching Layout IDs has little effect on the headphones.

Also, in my search for a fix to the problem, I've tried other methods to enable audio than this kext. With one more kext - the cloverHDA.kext (and some FAKEPCIID kexts) - I managed to get audio working as well. However, the problem persisted. The headphones again disconnected when I raised the volume, only the crackling sounds disappeared (with AppleALC the crackling is still present). Hence, it made me think that the issue might not be related to this kext specifically but rather to some inadequate DSDT patches or Clover fixes. I'd very appreciate hearing your opinion on this matter and thus I'm also attaching (again) my DSDT and Clover config.plist.

attachments.zip

On 8/21/2018 at 7:34AM, insanelyDeepak said:

try this one
https://github.com/insanelydeepak/cloverHDA-for-Mac-OS-Sierra-10.12/blob/master/Laptop/ALC295_v2 Asus UX430UA.zip

read full readme , there is ALCPluxfix must install this

CloverHDA and AppleALC mine files are identical

PS : for more depth i need to see your codec_dump

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/311293-applealc-—-dynamic-applehda-patching/?page=107&tab=comments#comment-2631065

@insanelyDeepak, I would like to try cloverHDA, but I need help understanding how to use it.

I have an Asus laptop that uses Realtek ALC295.

My questions with regard to using cloverHDA:

1.  I am running High Sierra (10.13.6). Is cloverHDA directly compatible? If not, can it easily be made compatible with adjustments I can apply?

2.  What needs to be done with the original AppleHDA.kext that is already present in /S/L/E? Should it be left alone? Should it be removed? If it is removed, does the AppleHDA.kext that comes with cloverHDA, for example /Vanilla AppleHDA/Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6/AppleHDA.kext, need to be installed in its place?

3.  In the 21 aug 18 reply to TessereKt, you mentioned "there is ALCPluxfix must install this." I noticed that there is a directory for alc_fix in one ALC295 directory (the ALC295_v2 Asus UX430UA directory) but not in the other ALC 295 directory that is provided (the ALC295/3254 directory). In which situation(s) is ALCPlugFix required?

4.  My pathmaps are somewhat different from those in the cloverHDA.kext. Is there an easy way for me to customize the kext? For example, if I just switch the values in the xml files, will that be enough? Or does the whole thing then need to be recompiled?

needed pathmaps:

33-2

23-3

7-36-18

9-34-19

(My highest priority for the moment is getting headphone working, which is 33-2, and I might even be able to use the 33-3 that is already included. But I would like to eventually get all of them working.)

• 1 month later...
On 10/9/2018 at 4:12 AM, warty said:

On 8/20/2018 at 5:22PM, TessereKt said:

On 8/21/2018 at 7:34AM, insanelyDeepak said:

@insanelyDeepak, I would like to try cloverHDA, but I need help understanding how to use it.

I have an Asus laptop that uses Realtek ALC295.

My questions with regard to using cloverHDA:

1.  I am running High Sierra (10.13.6). Is cloverHDA directly compatible? If not, can it easily be made compatible with adjustments I can apply?

2.  What needs to be done with the original AppleHDA.kext that is already present in /S/L/E? Should it be left alone? Should it be removed? If it is removed, does the AppleHDA.kext that comes with cloverHDA, for example /Vanilla AppleHDA/Mac OS Sierra 10.12.6/AppleHDA.kext, need to be installed in its place?

3.  In the 21 aug 18 reply to TessereKt, you mentioned "there is ALCPluxfix must install this." I noticed that there is a directory for alc_fix in one ALC295 directory (the ALC295_v2 Asus UX430UA directory) but not in the other ALC 295 directory that is provided (the ALC295/3254 directory). In which situation(s) is ALCPlugFix required?

4.  My pathmaps are somewhat different from those in the cloverHDA.kext. Is there an easy way for me to customize the kext? For example, if I just switch the values in the xml files, will that be enough? Or does the whole thing then need to be recompiled?

needed pathmaps:

33-2

23-3

7-36-18

9-34-19

(My highest priority for the moment is getting headphone working, which is 33-2, and I might even be able to use the 33-3 that is already included. But I would like to eventually get all of them working.)

it looks i didn't get notified , if you still need help im here