8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I am installing Mojave 10.14 release on a legacy 775 motherboard PC:

Gigabyte GA-X48-DQ6
Core 2 Extreme QX9770
4 x Kingston DDR2 800ghz Ram
Galaxy GTX460 1GB
120GB SSD Leven JS500120C

I pulled out 2 mechanical HDDs before installation, when I reach the macOS installer booting from the usb drive, I format the SSD to HFS+ / GUID and start the installation process, but the installer reboots at "About 2 minutes remaining", I captured the verbose mode screen before it shutdown in just half a second. (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1f2UtVAS6CajXQI0-CNMSi1RGVNHhEopw/view?usp=sharing)

The installer did copy files to the SSD and generate a boot entry in clover, but when I boot from it, it still stuck at "less than a minute remaining" and can't finish the installation process. I guess the reason is the installer is not yet completed to copy all the required installation files to the SSD. So I was thinking am I messed up with the clover bootloader, or my graphic card gtx480 is already too old too support Mojave? Thank you!

Attached is the clover config.plist

config.plist

Edited by winipcfg

hi Hervé

yes I tried using Dodsdude1's patcher and I installed mojave successfully, thank you!
Hoever I still need to enable some of the the legacy hacks inside the patcher, the problem probably relates to com.apple.telemetry.plugin. I also read that macruqmor post before since I got a mid-2010 13" MacBook pro, but i don't know this can be applied to hackintoshes as well.
If I didn't enable any of the hacks, mojave would reboot when entering 2nd stage apple boot logo.
Now I am going to solve tons of audio, graphics and lan kext, many thanks.

Edited by winipcfg

• 2 weeks later...

Help,

I'm wanna try to install newer version of macOS on my old PC, then i'm download mojave from AppStore then create bootable using mojave patcher program from dosdude and clover then.

After succsesfull booting from USB then open disk utility hard drive not showing/detect on there and when os install also (only flashdisk installer showing), before i'm tried make bootable previous version macos and this same problem :'( also

But i'm not faced this problem on installer from distro hackintosh zone in Yosemite-Sierra 

Now i'm using Sierra zone for while....

please anyone explain how to fix this. 

my PC specification :

Intel Core 2 duo e8500

Asus p5k

nVidia 9500gt

thanks,

IMG_20181010_231139.jpg

On 10/1/2018 at 10:21 AM, winipcfg said:

[...] but the installer reboots at "About 2 minutes remaining"

For what it's worth, the reboot during setup issue occurs on my (supported) setup as well. The USB installer always reboots at the "two minutes remaining" mark. If you boot this entry (with the USB clover), it will launch and then reboot again after a minute. When you boot it a third time, the setup will launch again, and this time, finish until the end. It does mean an unattended install is no longer possible since you need to be around when it reboots to select the proper boot device (your USB installation media) and the proper Volume.

This occurs for me with High Sierra and Mojave, it didn't before. It does not seem related to the APFS conversion as it still occurs when installing over an APFS drive.

I don't know, for me the High Sierra and Mojave installers just reboots. As I said if you boot whatever was installed by then, the installer picks it up and continues (after rebooting one more time), then it continues to 100% and the resulting install is fine. Apple does say the installation of Mojave can cause your Mac to reboot multiple times during install so I suppose it is normal. It is only an issue on Hacks since we need to boot the right Clover partition (USB media) and select the correct Volume (USB or Installation Target drive), that part would be automatic on a real Mac system.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2018 at 3:48 AM, robif2002 said:

Help,

I'm wanna try to install newer version of macOS on my old PC, then i'm download mojave from AppStore then create bootable using mojave patcher program from dosdude and clover then.

After succsesfull booting from USB then open disk utility hard drive not showing/detect on there and when os install also (only flashdisk installer showing), before i'm tried make bootable previous version macos and this same problem :'( also

But i'm not faced this problem on installer from distro hackintosh zone in Yosemite-Sierra 

Now i'm using Sierra zone for while....

please anyone explain how to fix this. 

my PC specification :

Intel Core 2 duo e8500

Asus p5k

nVidia 9500gt

thanks,

IMG_20181010_231139.jpg

Hi,
try the Apple AHCI port kext here: 

One of my WD 250gb mechanical HDD won't appear during and after installation, but this kext helps the HDD being recognised.

Place it at clover efi/kext/other

On 10/16/2018 at 8:15 PM, thomazella said:

I have a similar problem, but I don't see any error message. The installer just goes black at two minutes. I thought that was intended. Or is it supposed to run until 100% and only then reboot?

Yes it supposed to run til 100% end, there should be a reminder of the installer is going to restart or having a button to click for restart, IIRC.

On 10/18/2018 at 3:28 AM, fulg said:

I don't know, for me the High Sierra and Mojave installers just reboots. As I said if you boot whatever was installed by then, the installer picks it up and continues (after rebooting one more time), then it continues to 100% and the resulting install is fine. Apple does say the installation of Mojave can cause your Mac to reboot multiple times during install so I suppose it is normal. It is only an issue on Hacks since we need to boot the right Clover partition (USB media) and select the correct Volume (USB or Installation Target drive), that part would be automatic on a real Mac system.

Yes for full installation the installer usually reboots at initial stage for 1st time, but installation continues if u booted back to the installation partition, no matter high Sierra or Mojave
but for my case, it reboots at the usb installer partition during the copy of the installation file, but this isn't supposed to be since the required files copying to the destination are incomplete.
Anyway I solved by using Dodsdude1's patcher since it replaced the com.apple.telemetry.plugin for SSE4.1 cpu.
Maybe can give it a try.