First build - advice on GPU selection (bought i7 8700K / MSI Z370 SLI Plus) and multiboot options

Mac Aveli

2 posts in this topic

I'll need to use Sketch and few other OSX-only tools in the near future, so I put a stop on building my PC and I'm looking into Hackintosh. I have the above mentioned parts on the shelf, and after watching few hackintosh videos on YouTube, I put a hold on ordering a GPU, since there are some people who claim ADM works better for this and Nvidia webdrivers being problematic. I also have 970 Evo for installing the OS (if that is of any relevance or issues I should be vary about).

So, with my current parts in stock, what would be the best pick for the GPU, given that I'd need it for some moderately demanding video editing from time to time. My initial idea was to buy GTX 1060 but I didn't order it due to driver worries.

Also, since I do have a Windows habit - would it be possible to make multiboot simple as in "install OSX on SSD 1" and Windows on SSD2, have the SSD's in some sort of rack easily exchangeable (any products for these situations?) and boot computer with whichever drive necessary. Is that possible and is it complicated? Thanks!