why can you not have iTunes and .jpg preview both working?

HBP

9 posts in this topic

I discovered by accident that in the newer OS's on High Sierra, Mojave etc I could get iTunes to allow streaming movies, then I discovered that if I implemented the Fix for jpg preview fix, I lose the iTunes streaming abilities.

is there any method to remove this and get both??

I have a z270 ultra gaming with an i7 7700K and a RX560 4g card.

the rest is inconsequential if I can't get both to work

HBP 

41 minutes ago, WinstonAce said:

IGPU enabled in bios?
Do you use WEG?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

IGPU enabled, with weg, and intel fixup,  if I add inject ig-platform-id =0x19120001 then I get movies and secure video, no jpeg preview

if I use ig-platform-id =0x59120003 the right selection for my system, (an iMac18,3) then I get preview and no movies.  so I am yet again having to choose between features I normally use, and features I use when I am relaxing.

HBP

10 hours ago, WinstonAce said:

Intelfixup is deprecated, use only latest WEG and LILU.
Let it injected the proper ig-platform.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

set that way (having made sure that I only have current versions of LiLu and WEG) the only working function is jpg preview, and airplay. no local playback of secure video. but if I disable the IGPU I have local playback but not airplay/jpg preview.

with IGPU enabled in bios, I get Preview and jpgs, and sharing to my AppleTV

with IGPU disabled in bios, I get secure video, iTunes video, and no sharing with my AppleTV

Edited by HBP
added better explanation of the problem.

tried imac18,2 and imac18,3. which are the ones that say they had 560 2m or 4m cards. and my CPU is on the 18,3.  I have not researched the differences between the rx 560 and 555 PRO or 560 PRO.

• 3 weeks later...