Fix Graphics Acceleration Intel UHD 630 i5-8600 High Sierra 10.13.6

starmachines

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I successfully built my first Hackintosh early last month, and got everything working just fine except for igpu graphics acceleration (7MB). For over a month now, I've been scouring all the forums and following countless guides and tutorials, and have honestly tried everything I've come across. So considering I'm all out of ideas (and haven't found a single forum thread about my specific build), I'd like to ask this amazing community for help.

At this point, I've rolled back my config.plist (and kexts/other) to a bare minimum state, and am only using my installer to boot. Please take a look at my EFI folder attached and advise. I'm happy to provide anything else as well upon request.

[build specs]

Gigabyte H370M DS3H

Intel i5-8600 (not K)

[a few things I've already tried]

- every SMBIOS from 14,1 to 18,3
- adding productID and vendorID in config.phtml based on IOReg (since removed)
- compiled debug versions of lilu.kext and whatevergreen.kext (currently in kexts/other)
- changing ig-platform-id (currently using 0x3E9B0007 for coffeelake)
- changing IntelGFX Fake ID (currently reset to 0x0)

Thanks in advance!

EFI.zip

Thanks Allan.  I already had whatevergreen + lilu, so I went ahead and rebuilt caches and cleaned the NVRam using that Mac Optimizer tool.  Completed successfully and I rebooted.  But, no change.  Still at 7MB.

Any other ideas?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Allan, sorry for the long delay.  I tried your EFI folder at the time, but no changes.  For the BIOS settings, I am sure that everything that I am able to set is set correctly.  However, I suspect that this motherboard in particular does not make certain settings available to be changed (e.g. cfg-lock, OS selection).  I think this may be why no one (whom I am aware of) has been able to make igpu acceleration work with this MO.  So far, every thread and every individual I've checked with has not been able to make this work.

I'm about to give up and just buy a graphics card, but please let me know if you have any other ideas worth trying.

Thanks for the help either way.

• 1 month later...
On 9/10/2018 at 3:03 AM, Allan said:

Try this: EFI.zip

Are you using the correct settings at your UEFI/BIOS?

I have more or less the same setup (Intel Core I5-8600K and Asus Prime Z370-P) and I tried your EFI folder, but the result is that I detect another graphic card than the UHD 630 and always with the same acceleration size (6 mb).

Have you another solution ?

Best regards,

Sullivan.

AboutThisMac.png

config.plist

Clover_Install_Log.txt