- ASRock A75M-HVS (link)

- AMD HD 6670

- 8GB DDR3

- 250GB HDD

Which version of MacOS can I install?
Which kernel?

Edited by bobso

Advertisement

since x4 631 does not support SSE 4.1/4.2 so Sierra is out, alternate you can install Yosemite or El Capitan (I prefer Yosemite)

for kernel you can use bronya, shanee .. see amd thread

On 9/15/2018 at 3:33 AM, pico joe said:

Thank you very much, I installed it!

Now I have only a small problem linked (I think) to the HD 6670 video card.

I believe that the QE / CI is active, but sometimes it seems that it is not. Known slowdowns, especially with browsers or video in fullscreen..

What can I try? My gpu is: ULTIMATE HD 6670 1G D5 (http://www.sapphiretech.com/productdetial.asp?Pid=9FAA976F-88E8-492A-96A9-AD99E6F5EF59&tag=download&lang=eng)

p.s. I've used -f AtiPorts=3 AtiConfig=Pithecia GraphicsEnabler=Yes npci=0x2000

Edited by bobso

Good. No, it's bad.
I replaced HD 6670 with a GTX 750 (with Web Driver) but I have the same symptoms (lags, stuck, flickering).
I therefore assume that it is either the CPU or the kernel ..

Tips?

Are U still boot with -f ?

build cache with kextutility and restart - boot without -f

which smbios are u using

for GTX 750 try boot with PCIRootUID=1 

24 minutes ago, pico joe said:

which smbios are u using

Without -f i can't reach desktop..

I think I've an issue with CPU or kernel because I've stucks, lags and freeze with all GPU (gt210, HD 6670 and gtx 750ti)..

Posted (edited)
On 27 settembre 2018 at 12:53 PM, pico joe said:

which smbios are u using

Hi, I've done a fresh install from YosemiteAMD, but I haven't install enoch boot loader..

what do you advise me to do?

Edited by bobso

I've installed Clover (legacy) and boot-up and shutdown are fine!

I see this error:

GPU Hardware VM is Disabled

Now I try lilu+whatevergreen and I'll report results ;)

maybe I have not installed/inject them well, but lilu + whatevergreen I do not see them working..

However, the GPU has ID 0x6758 and I see that QE / CI is active, but the graphics seem to be moving sloooooooowly.

5 hours ago, pico joe said:

what graphics are u using now? if nvdia try with with nvdiawebdriver

now i'm using HD 6670..

51 minutes ago, pico joe said:

try using smbios iMac 13.2 and in clover config, inject ati then choose LOTUS in framebuffer

I get same results:

[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed

Controller: ATI RV930 (vendor ID: 1002, device ID: aa90)

Controller: Generic (vendor ID: 1022, device ID: 780d)

Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 464

Sound assertion in AppleHDAController at line 413

Built-in decrypter used

** GPU Hardware VM is disabled (multispace: disabled, page table updates with DMA: disabled)

WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil: getCPUIDInfo unknown CPU family: family 0x12, model 0x1
   -- power management may be incomplete or unsupported

could this be? 

Can CPU not be supported by kernel?

Well, some news.

I've changed kernel with 10.10.5_SSEPlus_V3 (with kext of 10.10.5_SSEPlus_V2) and now I see that the system is as fast as a splinter!

In fact, I see that the time (known by the seconds) is very fast! That is, in a second real, correspond to 4 seconds on the mac! How can I solve?

Thanks!

Posted (edited)
On 9/8/2018 at 8:35 AM, bobso said:

- AMD Athlon X4 631

- ASRock A75M-HVS (link)

- AMD HD 6670

- 8GB DDR3

- 250GB HDD

Solved!

For this build, I've used YosemiteAMD (follow this link).

1) Install from YosemiteAMD (from pendrive)

2) Restart and boot YosemiteAMD (from pendrive) and copy kernel, kext and extra folder, delete prelinkedkernel, kextcache (by terminal)

3) Boot Hard Disk with Yosemite from USB bootloader

4) Update your Yosemite from AppStore

5) Boot YosemiteAMD (from pendrive) and copy kernel, delete prelinkedkernel, kextcache (by terminal)

6) Boot Hard Disk with Yosemite from USB bootloader

7) Install enoch (you can find it in YosemiteAMD pendrive)

8) Edit org.chameleon.Boot.plist with this flags:

npci=0x2000 AtiPorts=3 AtiConfig=Pithecia busratio=26

As for YouTube videos at 1080p, I solved by installing Chrome.

Sleep is working very well!

Thanks for support!!

Edited by bobso

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Hawxxer
      Hi,
      do you know where someone could start getting involved in development for Hackintosh / IOS (jailbreaks etc.) development? I am searching for information about the Kernel development rather than developing apps. 
      I recently finished my bachelor of engineering in electric engineering but the computer science always interested me more. We are being tought about some principles of a operation systems and writing code in c..

Until know I found the apple developer website, and the books from Jonathan Levin (but they are some kind of expensive for my current situation as a student).
      I also think that it would be useful to get started with the structure of the linux kernel.
      Do you have more sources I could learn more? How did you become what you are know in the hackintosh community? 
      Google is not very helpful "Hackintosh development" only brings up how to develop apps with an hackintosh...

I posted it in AMD because I am especially interested in the kernel manipulation to get the XNU Kernel working under AMD. If this is the wrong corner, please move it in the right one. 
      Thank you.

EDIT
      And for sure other sources are the wikis of insanelymac and the other hackintosh websites!
    • By twikoffin
      Hello. My hardware is:
      AMD Athlon X2 7750 dual-core
      Gigabyte NVIDIA 8400GS 512MB ( [VGA] ,HDMI,DVI)
      Motherboard Gigabyte based on NFORCE without AHCI support (only IDE)
      I have successfully installed Mac OS Yosemite, Mavericks and El Capitan with AppleNFORCEATA.kext
      But I can't use it with Mac OS 10.8, don't know why, it just gives error and my internal HDD's are not appearing in Disk Utility.

• By iTahaMe
      FINALLY IT'S WORKING THANKS TO @insanelymac
      But i have a single problem, My graphic card Radeon x1950 Pro not working, It used to work good on Snow Leopard but now its not on Yosemite i don't know why ... any kext needed ??

Here the kext used to work good for me on Snow Leopard
      ATIRadeonx1000.kext 
      ATINDRV.Kext
      ATIRNDRV.Kext

Any Help ? 
      Taha

• By kamyar1979
      I have bought a 2nd hand AMD Radeon 7750 to fix my Mojave installation problems. Although the Vendor/Device Id is in AMD7000Controller.Kext, I get a black screen and with some changes a yellow screen. I can not find any useful information to fix that. All information are for High Sierra and older macOS versions. Is there any fix to resolve that? What if I buy an RX 650 for example?
    • By fusion71au
      This is a brief guide on how to create a vanilla El Capitan (also same process for Sierra) OS X Installer USB with an updated prelinked kernel containing FakeSMC.

It is tailored for those users who want to understand the “nuts and bolts” of how to create an installer and also to help brush up on their terminal skills (rather than have one made for them with the numerous automated “tools” available or even Apple’s createinstallmedia) :

Specifically, it is also a “Proof of Concept” which shows that installation is possible without even having to rely on boot loader kext injection.

Prerequisites
      Existing Yosemite installation (or Mavericks - see post#4 for steps 7,8) “Install OS X El Capitan.app" downloaded to the Applications folder Pacifist FakeSMC.kext - Slice or Kozlek branch Bootloader - Clover or Chameleon 8GB or larger USB drive (16GB recommended), formatted HFS+ (MBR or GUID) named “Installer”  
      Procedure
      1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Open OS X terminal and type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line.
          The image restore and file copying may take a while to complete, and at the end of the process, the Installer volume is renamed to “OS X Base System"....

sudo -s hdiutil attach /Applications/Install\ OS\ X\ El\ Capitan.app/Contents/SharedSupport/InstallESD.dmg asr restore -source /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg  -target /Volumes/Installer -erase -format HFS+ -noprompt -noverify rm /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation/Packages cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/Packages /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Installation cp -av /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.dmg /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD/BaseSystem.chunklist /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System diskutil unmount /Volumes/OS\ X\ Install\ ESD exit 3.  Right click on the “OS X Base System” Volume and click “Get Info”

4.  Click on the lock icon and untick “Ignore ownership on this volume”

5.  Extract/Copy the El Capitan Kernels folder into /System/Library/ of the USB with Pacifist.  NB It is found in the "Essentials.pkg" in /System/Installation/Packages

6.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel —> OG.prelinkedkernel

7.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of the installer USB using Finder.

8.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel…..

sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/OS\ X\ Base\ System exit Any errors should be noted but the output below is normal e.g.

9. Install your Bootloader targeting the OS X Base System volume

10.  Boot your system with the USB without injected kexts into the OS X Installer GUI....

Post Install
      The original prelinked kernel in a fresh install of El Capitan will also lack FakeSMC ie it will only be linked to Apple signed kexts.  In order to boot into El Capitan the first time around without boot loader kext injection, the PLK needs to be rebuilt for the El Capitan volume like we did for the installer:

1.  Boot into Yosemite with the kext-dev-mode=1 boot flag
      2.  Delete or Rename the original /System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel for the El Capitan volume —> OG.prelinkedkernel
      3.  Copy FakeSMC.kext and other necessary kexts (e.g. VoodooPS2Controller.kext for laptops) into the /Library/Extensions folder of El Capitan using Finder
      4.  Back in terminal, type the following lines, followed by <Enter> after each line to rebuild the prelinkedkernel.  In this example, the El Capitan volume is named "El_Capitan" - change if you have named it something else...
      sudo -s chmod -R 755 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions chown -R 0:0 /Volumes/El_Capitan/Library/Extensions touch /Volumes/El_Capitan/System/Library/Extensions kextcache -u /Volumes/El_Capitan exit 5. Install your Bootloader targeting the El Capitan volume.  This step is only necessary if you are installing El Capitan on a new drive without existing boot loader (not required if installing on a disk with existing boot loader beside Yosemite).
      6. Reboot your system without injected kexts into El Capitan!

Other links
      The All-In-One Guide to Vanilla OS X for beginners

Updates for Sierra and High Sierra   Custom Prelinkedkernel Generator Tool I have made a custom prelinkedkernel generator "PLK.tool" for Sierra + El Capitan.  Instructions:   1.  Download and extract the attached BaseSystem_PLK.tool.zip into your ~/Downloads folder.   2.  Copy any extra kexts necessary for booting your hack to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem/ExtraKexts (e.g. FakeSMC, VoodooPS2Controller), making sure SIP is disabled. 3.  Copy BaseSystem.dmg to ~/Downloads/BaseSystem  4.  Open terminal and run the following commands... cd ~/Downloads/BaseSystem chmod +x PLK.tool ./PLK.tool ---> supply your admin password ---> will place your new custom prelinkedkernel on the desktop.       macOS High Sierra bypass Firmware and MBR checks in post#13.
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_ElCap.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Sierra.zip
      BaseSystem_PLK.tool_Mojave.zip (need to run in Mojave to avoid dependency errors)