Asus X99-A USB 3.1 vs X99-A II - any differences in installation?

kobe80

4 posts in this topic

Hi friends,

I have an Asus X99-A USB 3.1 board i'm trying to get the Mojave beta working on. I'm not finding much, however i'm finding a lot of info for the X99-A II.

Question: will those install methods - EFI, config.plist, Kexts, DSDT/SSDTs, etc.. be exactly the same for both? or are they just 2 different beasts entirely?

I've seen comparisons of the boards and FEATURE-WISE, they seem extremely similar, however I'm not sure if the hackintoshing methods can be the same.

All help is appreciated!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I'd say it depends on the cpu. The Asus A II is newer and supports the new 14nm cpus such as the i7 6800k. The older Asus A 3.1 supports 22nm cpus such as the i7-5820k. Whether this is changed due to bios updates etc I dunno.

Tutuapp9appsShowbox

Edited by clarc

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/1/2018 at 1:12 PM, kobe80 said:

Hi friends,

I have an Asus X99-A USB 3.1 board i'm trying to get the Mojave beta working on. I'm not finding much, however i'm finding a lot of info for the X99-A II.

Question: will those install methods - EFI, config.plist, Kexts, DSDT/SSDTs, etc.. be exactly the same for both? or are they just 2 different beasts entirely?

I've seen comparisons of the boards and FEATURE-WISE, they seem extremely similar, however I'm not sure if the hackintoshing methods can be the same.

All help is appreciated!

Sorry, but with GTX750Ti you are restricted to MacOS 10.13.6. Mojave is impossible any way.