Clover r4799 ISO compiled with GCC and minimal config.plist compatible for use in VMWare Workstation.
Tested with unlocked Workstation 15 running OSX 10.9 -->10.14 guest in Windows X64 host.
1. Download and unzip "EFI_Clover_r4799 for VMware.zip". Mount Clover-v2.4k-4799-X64 by double clicking on it.
2. Mount your VM's EFI System Partition eg in terminal
sudo diskutil mount disk0s1
3. Copy EFI folder from step 1 into the EFI partition
4. Shutdown the VM, add bios.bootDelay = "3000" to your VM's vmx file
5. Reboot your VM, press <F2> to access the VMware Boot Manager and add CLOVERX64.efi to the boot menu.
Substitute your own unique and valid MLB and ROM variables in the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist (Rt Variables section) to activate iMessage/Facetime on your VM.
Apologies for the lack of information (and for posting in the wrong place), but I can't even boot into Clover so screenshots of verbose mode aren't even possible. I've been running the beta of 10.14.2 for sometime (-using this excellent guide
) without any issues. When I tried to apply the new update for 10.14.2, my pc downloaded the update, shutdown but applied some updates then rebooted into a blank screen. I've tried several things since then. Specifically:
* Booting from the installation USB created using the above guide - same blank screen
* Booting from an external HDD - successful launch of OS. From here I have tried different versions of Clover including the one on my HDD r4644 (all have been unsuccessful). I have also tried different memory management options osxaptiofix (1, 2 & 3)
The only other information I can provide is in the screenshots below (including a brief of my drive configuration)
Please let me know if and how I can get more information to help resolve the issue, or if I have to rebuild from scratch.
First post, thank you all for any help offered. I am coming from a certain commercialized hackintosh community - after seeing such amazing vanilla installs and reading of the talent here, I decided to have a go at not using such software methods. And I immediately got myself into a predicament
I successfully upgraded from Mavericks to Mojave 10.14.2 but decided to start over and do a clean install because my Vega Frontier was not playing OOB even with Lilu & whatevergreen - and there was a lot of 'code junk' Clover barfed at boot from this 'commercialized software'.
I created Mojave USB installer from scratch using the latest Clover, it worked fine, got me to the Mojave install screen.
For reasons unknown to me, I decided for one last ditch effort to see if I could get my already installed Mojave playing nicer - instead of starting over clean. So I installed the latest Clover on my Mojave SSD, (it had a Clover version YEARS ago when I last installed Mavericks) and I replaced the EFI file with the kexts and config of my USB EFI file because I figured, since the USB installer launched, it was all good to go.
Now nothing boots after BIOS. Not my Mavericks drive, Mojave SSD, nor my USB Mojave Installer. They all hang right where Clover usually launches. I look at my USB lights and nothing flashes...
The only drive I can use is Windows 8.1 (my testing environment) and not from Clover. That's just booting windows up without any HD's plugged in.
Is there a way to rescue my predicament? I don't have another Mac computer and CloverConfig only runs on Mac. Is there a way to fix the USB from Windows? Thanks!
I hope someone can help me as I am struggling with this bloody installation.
I am running on several problems that I can't face : (
First of all my config:
Mobo: ASROCK H81M-DGS R2
CPU: Intel Xeon E3-1220 v3 @3.10ghz
RAM: 16gb DDR3 1600Mhz
SSD: Crucial BX100 120Gb SSD
Monitor: Hp 27w Hdmi
POST Installation CLOVER
• System will not boot (clover boot loader do not shows up) from SSD
- System boot only with USB stick
• Screen Resolution is only 1024x768
• Monitor recognised as 17" instead of 24"
• Monitor identified as secondary
• Grafic Card Geforce GT710 shows 0 Mb
• System info do not match Config.plistin Clover
I attach screenshot of System Info, Kext in Clover, Resolution etc etc.
Please can someonhelp me?
Please can you tell me what is the Clover Parameter to activate when installing Clover (Clover_v2.4k_r4722) into Boot Disk?
I hope someone can help me out of this little troble: )