Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14IKB Working Synaptic Trackpads/Touchpad

TombaFI

4 posts in this topic

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 14IKB Working Synaptic Trackpads.

Ever since I've been a big fan of Lenovo laptops, i manage to figured it out how to make working trackpad!

I was thinking of sharing this solution with everyone who has had problems with Lenovo Synaptic trackpads…

Have had this laptop for about a year, and now there has been a little extra time to start digging solutions to find a functional trackpad ’hack’.

Since there is no support voodooI2C for Synaptic trackpad you have to go to Lenovos bios InsydeH20 Setup Utility. To change values at PCH-IO Configuration>Seriallo Configuration>Advanced>Serial IO I2C0 Settings>Connected device (default is Disabled) change it to Custom device> Interrupt mode=GPI0 Interrupt and the rest af the values as it is.

Of course you have to patch your DSDT GPI0 Controller Enable [SKL+] to make it work!!

Doesn't need any GPI0 Pinning!

This solution is also working with Lenovo Yoga 710, since it was my previous laptop..

I used a previous solution before with USB emulated voodooi2c.kext without working multitoch finger trackpad.

At this moment its working with macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 (17G2208) and (17G2307) BUILD. Haven’t tried with another builds!

even though I knew that updating to SMBios 15,1 was of no use, but I decided to try anyway since my laptop is Kaby Lake ’update’ I7-8550U. But I see no reason why it would not work with previous versions etc 14,1 anyway?

So now got 99% working laptop without sdcard reader support, but that is a small problem because I do not need it though.

Thanks!

IMG_3025.jpg

IMG_3026.jpg

IMG_3027.jpg

IMG_3028.jpg

IMG_3029.jpg

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

Working preference panel!

IMG_3085.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...