Error with ALC888 in Semthex 10.4.8 (SOLVED)

thestevo

5 posts in this topic

Hi,

I had 10.4.7 installed and 2 channel audio was working fine with the ALC882 method and different IDs. I did a reinstall to move to 10.4.8 with Semthex kernel and tried to do exactly what I did before to get audio working. Now whenever the system boots I get this error:

System extension cannot be used.

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/appleazaliaaudio.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

And then another one for the controller kext.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I believe people have got ALC88x working on 10.4.8 with two channels, maybe even ALC888. I read the other forums, but couldn't find a definitive answer on whether ALC888 will work or not.

Anybody?

Hi,

I had 10.4.7 installed and 2 channel audio was working fine with the ALC882 method and different IDs. I did a reinstall to move to 10.4.8 with Semthex kernel and tried to do exactly what I did before to get audio working. Now whenever the system boots I get this error:

System extension cannot be used.

The system extension “/System/Library/Extensions/appleazaliaaudio.kext“ was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product’s vendor for an update.

And then another one for the controller kext.

Maybe I'm mistaken, but I believe people have got ALC88x working on 10.4.8 with two channels, maybe even ALC888. I read the other forums, but couldn't find a definitive answer on whether ALC888 will work or not.

Anybody?

I have it working with 10.4.8 - had it working in .7 and just saved the kext before re-loading, did the usual kext caches and repair disk permissions and it works.

Now if only System Profiler would work!

I have it working with 10.4.8 - had it working in .7 and just saved the kext before re-loading, did the usual kext caches and repair disk permissions and it works.

Now if only System Profiler would work!

Ironically, my System Profiler has always worked for some reason. Would you be kind enough, or can you, send me those kexts?

If it isn't possible, does that mean I should use Pacifist? I guess I'd have to do some reading as to exactly how to do that.

Thanks for letting me know its possible,

Stephen

Hi, I have your MB and I have soun d (2 channel, input? not tried).

I have one time the same error message about appleazalia.kext, and I reinstalled the appleazalia using the Jas 10.4.8 DVD, selecting the package, and changing the file as said m.muller in the thread: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...25533&st=20

I can see you have a HD ATA (I think no SATA). What are your xbench results? I don't know if I have to buy a SATA to have more speed in HD or I have something wrong in my system.