WiFi - USB Conflict

6 posts in this topic

Good evening. I need help to solve a WiFi-USB conflict please. When WiFi is turned on after few minutes audio begins to stutter and the mouse pointer becomes almost unpredictable as it jumps fast across the screen and it's near impossible to use it. As soon as I turn the WiFi off and connect an Ethernet cable the problem goes away. The WiFi is a PCIe card 5Ghz. If someone can help me to solve I'll be very grateful, I'm trying to get rid of this issue but until now no go.... In the attachment you can find my DSDT, IO RegistryExplorer and a screen shot of my WiFi in System Info.

The PC is HP Z400 (see signature) and I'm running Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

Thank you.

Data Files.zip

Judging from the second photo you are using an old Mac compatible WIFI card via PCIe adapter, so Im not sure if Apple still support those old hardware in their newest macOS.

Jugging again from your hardware you must be running iMac 14,2 SMBIOS, if not then I think its better to do so.

Now, my suggestion is to buy a new aio WIFI+BT card with 4 antennas something like genuine WIFI+BT card from iMac 2012 or above, and another PCIe adapter for it, it'll be more compatible with macOS 10.13.6 which you have in your system, it'll be compatible with Windows as well so don't worry, the Windows driver can be found in Bootcamp drivers which Apple provides.

Otherwise, I don't know.

Thank you for your help. The card works out of the box with Mac OS 10.13.6 no driver needed, it also supports Airdrop natively. I have a WiFi repeater that actually does the trick if I connect the PC to the repeater with an

Ethernet cable. BTW the conflict is not always present, it seems it randomly appears within some minutes or even within weeks...... On the other PC Xeon W3680 Ga-X58 (see signature) I have the same PCIe WiFi card model and it works flawlessly with no issues from 3 years and 4 different Mac OS versions and even this build has Mac Pro 5.1 SMBIOS........

• Like 1

I see, but as I said I would try newer SMBIOS to see if could help because Mac Pro 5,1 is on the end edge of support.

btw I also used Mac Pro 5,1 on my second build with 4790K to make both GPUs full utilized and it does that very well.

Im also a big fan of genuine Apple WIFI cards and thats what I'm using on my second build now and planning to do with my first build also, because a WIFI card with kexts doesn't help me a lot.

Otherwise, it can be somehow problematic piece of hardware which you can find out by switching them from one build to another.

Or it can be that the card is not correctly inserted in the slot, or it might be some dust to be cleaned which prevents a good connection, there is a lot to think about and all depends on you.

Hope you can find the solution as I have no idea why the same model of card works good on one system but not in the other with the same macOS, if I were you then the macOS would be the last thing to blame.