Brief and simple way to explain DSDT and SSDT ?

uisik34

31 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

In which case I may need these things to compile for my system? How do i understand it and how i can learn how to make it in right way? Or should I expect someone else has already managed and shared DSDT or SSDT on same configuration system like mine etc?

Thanks

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/17/2018 at 2:23 AM, unixb0y said:

This might be a bit late, but I found this FAQ that explains it pretty well: 

Well not still so late because i try to manage different systems to find the best stable and near real Macos experience system. I am in still learning stage but DSDT and SSDT things seem a bit alien to me. This is probably due to lack of my technical background.

On 10/17/2018 at 3:42 AM, MaLd0n said:

post ur files here

RunMe.app

Hey there MaLd0n,

I have 3 different system;

1. Toshiba Portege i7-3520m system laptop (Runing sierra with battery status problem, tried with rehabman battery kext something but did not work. Other details seem work with success)

2. HP Elitedesk i7-6100t system mini case (Runing H.Sierra with sleep and HDMI sound problem. I need to unplug and plug HDMI cable to get sound, other details seem work with success)

3. User build case with Gigabyte ex58-ud3r 1.6rev. bios FK motherboard and a six core xeon x5650 cpu

Now I strugle on user build desktop computer for G5 Macmod casing project but before assembling on G5 case i need good performing system for that and testing systems outside on my work desk at home. I have ready DSDT.aml from internet share but still have power and uncorrect cpu frequency behavior + no sound for ALC888 chipset through applealc + lilu so far.

I am at office right now and hope to share runme.app output of desktop system this evening. I am thinking to present the modded case to a "graphic-design" student has started university this autumn.

17 hours ago, foskvs said:

If you don’t read the documentation, you won’t learn. There are very detailed guides on how to decompile/compile and apply patches. ACPI documentation is very vast too.

Hello foskvs,

You are right but belive me I am the one I do read lot. Also this technical things are kind of hobby for me but I was not educated in technical school so I have lack of technical information (background).

I am not so new to this kind of staff, am an average level linux user for long years and instructing on some Turkish forums and try to help new starters for their problems. Of Course I am not codder but I still try to learn and read lot to compansate my missing technical background so that is why i am here.

Thank you in advance all here.

Now I want to give final feedback about my system.

It runs on High Sierra 10.13.6 with power problem (Shut down, wake up from sleep stuck at black screen and restart do sometimes the function but sometimes stuck at black screen) My Config.plist is attached and Audio device ID finally worked with Native AppleHDA + AppleALC + Lilu kexts.

In addition to solve my power problems I found ready DSDT.aml (Attached ready aml file of my mobo) on Internet and put it in EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/Patched and it seems to function but sometimes needed power off to restart which is not %100 healthy. And another problem with this patch is; Native audio does not work when i apply it.

Runme.app output of the system with DSDT.aml patch in use but have no audio is attached.

config.plist

DSDT-GA-EX58-UD3R-1.6-FK.aml

Send me Elmas-MacPro.zip

Edited by uisik34

To be helpful to other people which will use EX58-UD3R Mainboard with High Sierra I want to give some extra infos.

The mainboard I use is 1.6 Revision and has tweaktown FK bios (Meltdown + Spectre fix included) version on it. You can see as attached here. I used as min as possible to run on system and tried to delete unnecessary kexts in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Others. I attach the screen shot of folder.

EX58UD3R.FK

Kexts_Others 2018-10-20 00.39.02.png

On 10/20/2018 at 5:24 PM, MaLd0n said:

HERE

DSDT.aml.zip

check if work good

sorry for delay, some work

Hello MaLd0n,

Thank you for your modified DSDT file and time for it. I found time to check yestreday and seems working.

I tested once;

Sleep - Wake up > Worked

Restart > Worked

Shut down > Worked but in black screen stuck about 30second then closed.

Audio > Worked as well with patched DSDT.aml

Meanwhile have you noticed anything about Wireless on DSDT because I am asking there are dropping issue like every 30min or so and weak download speed. It is not like that on windows at same position.

Download speed test shows reasonable results but when i download geekbench or cinebench install files, down speed are around 50-150Kb.

Second question is; does it break anything in system if i try to overclock cpu speed? Should we put any any code for speed on DSDT or should we modify in in config.plist?

Thank you again,

Edited by uisik34

And one thing forget to ask as well;

Does the current DSDT.aml has capability of IntelSpeedStep? Should I remove NullCPUPowerManagement.kext from Efi/Clover/Kexts/Others?

4 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

use Generate P and C States in Clover config.plist

I checked on config.plist then saved. now should I remove NullCPU.kext Does the system need piker alpha script in addition?

58 minutes ago, uisik34 said:

I checked on config.plist then saved. now should I remove NullCPU.kext Does the system need piker alpha script in addition?

ur processor don't need ssdt with pike script

10 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

ur processor don't need ssdt with pike script 

Okay, So I have no need ssdt with pike script. Should I remove NullCPU.kext or is it must and stay?

On the other hand further tests on system about to sleep then wake up and restart worked well so far. But Last shut down yesterday ended by black screen stuck. Can we count that it is normal and this occurs one time by every ten cyle of shut down or so?

Thank you again and again for your instructive feedbacks which helps lot!

Edited by uisik34

7 hours ago, uisik34 said:

On the other hand further tests on system about to sleep then wake up and restart worked well so far. But Last shut down yesterday ended by black screen stuck. Can we count that it is normal and this occurs one time by every ten cyle of shut down or so?

not normal