[Ps2 Keyboard] Not recognized

alanturing2

10 posts in this topic

didn't you read the above post? You have to have or an ps2 keyboard and a ps2 mouse, or a usb keyboard and a usb mouse.

Wrong. I have a USB Mouse and a PS2 Keyboard and it works just fine....with one little hack.

This solution is all over the place on these forums...but here it is again....

In your /etc/rc file add the following two lines right before the "exit 0" at the very end of the file.

kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext
kextload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

Reboot.....and you're keyboard should work.

• 2 weeks later...
Wrong. I have a USB Mouse and a PS2 Keyboard and it works just fine....with one little hack.

This solution is all over the place on these forums...but here it is again....

In your /etc/rc file add the following two lines right before the "exit 0" at the very end of the file.

kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext
kextload /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePS2Keyboard.kext

Reboot.....and you're keyboard should work.

Sorry I am really newbie to OSX86 system. since the keyboard and mouse is not working. how can I add those code? thanks

disable two kexts to allow USB Mouse to work with PS2 Keyboard

--------------------------------------------------------

open Terminal

cd /System/Library/Extensions/ApplePS2Controller.kext/Contents/PlugIns/

sudo mv ApplePS2Trackpad.ext ApplePS2Trackpad.bak

sudo mv ApplePS2Mouse.ext ApplePS2Mouse.bak

sudo rm /System/Library/Extensions.*

--------------------------------------------------------

reboot

So... In my case when trying to install from JaS 10.4.7 DVD repack on my X2 4400+, A8N-E with both keyboard and mouse attached to PS/2 it isn't working while on my second PC based on Intel 915 chiset it's working just fine. Damn you stupid PS/2 keyboard :D

What's going on? I've tried to look for clear answer but no luck or maybe I'm too lazy to dig depper. So don't shoot me :)