Acrobat 8

alicheusz

6 posts in this topic

In case you don't see it is on demon

I must say that I hate acrobat earlier, 6 and 7 was so heavy. Version 8 start fast and has tons of features and new ui.

I can scan directly form scanner, position/rotete, OCR recognition, combination and compression in one pass(all automatic) wow. Attach file to pdf, comments, PDF printer, very useful. Definitely worth try if you don't use it earlier.

Of course try professional version it's big, one gig after install but worth the space.

In case you don't see it is on demon

I must say that I hate acrobat earlier, 6 and 7 was so heavy. Version 8 start fast and has tons of features and new ui.

I can scan directly form scanner, position/rotete, OCR recognition, combination and compression in one pass(all automatic) wow. Attach file to pdf, comments, PDF printer, very useful. Definitely worth try if you don't use it earlier.

Of course try professional version it's big, one gig after install but worth the space.

Is this universal?

• 2 months later...

It crash after 15-20 seconds after starting; allthougth Safari crashes if reading a pdf with acrobat plugin. I will download other package, to see if that I have is corrupt. I will report.

I downloaded and installed. Some results. It crashes after 15-20 seconds. But on other computer works well. Help anyway?

Thank you in advance

Edited by XanthraX

• 2 weeks later...

Nobody experienced this with Acrobat 8? The logs after crash:

"Feb 1 09:18:56 XanthraX's-computer authexec: executing /Applications/Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional/Adobe Acrobat Professional.app/Contents/Frameworks/AdobeSelfHealing.framework/Resources/MoverTool

Acrobat SelfHealing Error: File deletion failed for:

Contents/MacOS/SelfHealFiles/Library/Internet Plug-Ins/AdobePDFViewer.plugin/

terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::runtime_error'

what(): Unable to determine registration filepath!"

Many thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...