Black Screens for Nvidia GPU on macOS 10.14 Beta 1

6 posts in this topic

I'm not expecting too much help, but if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.

I recently got my Hackintosh running on macOS 10.14, and went to install the graphics drivers for my Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti. My setup is a little different, so here it is:

Screen 1 Screen 2 Screen 3

Screen 1 and 2 are both connected to my 750 Ti, whereas screen 3 is connected to my iGPU, with is an intel HD 4600. The intel GPU works like a charm, just as it did under High Sierra.

Now, I got the Nvidia Web drivers to "work" by removing any traces via the "Web Driver Toolkit" that others have recommended. I then patched the installer, installed it, rebooted, patched the installed drivers, and rebooted again, where the drivers are at their current state.

This is where things get interesting though. All 3 monitors are recognized. My GPU is recognized in my system profiler. However, it is NOT able to be used to run a compute in Geekbench, meaning that GPU acceleration is obviously disabled. The other thing that doesn't work, is, well, the 2 monitors connected to the GPU. They are set to the correct resolution and refresh rates, and are recognized in System Preferences, and I can even drag things between the different desktops.

But I can only see my cursor. The screens are totally black, and I can't see anything on them except my cursor moving across them. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks in advance!

Specs:
Asrock B85M-Pro4 Motherboard
Intel Core i5-4690 CPU
Intel HD 4600 GPU 1
Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU 2
iMac 15,1 SMBIOS

Here is a picture of what happens
https://imgur.com/gallery/lWTLWlw

My clover and EFI folders are attached

EFI.zip

• Like 2

On 6/5/2018 at 9:03 PM, JohnCenaTheMemeMachine said:

I'm not expecting too much help, but if anyone has any suggestions, that would be great.

I recently got my Hackintosh running on macOS 10.14, and went to install the graphics drivers for my Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti. My setup is a little different, so here it is:

Screen 1 Screen 2 Screen 3

Screen 1 and 2 are both connected to my 750 Ti, whereas screen 3 is connected to my iGPU, with is an intel HD 4600. The intel GPU works like a charm, just as it did under High Sierra.

Now, I got the Nvidia Web drivers to "work" by removing any traces via the "Web Driver Toolkit" that others have recommended. I then patched the installer, installed it, rebooted, patched the installed drivers, and rebooted again, where the drivers are at their current state.

This is where things get interesting though. All 3 monitors are recognized. My GPU is recognized in my system profiler. However, it is NOT able to be used to run a compute in Geekbench, meaning that GPU acceleration is obviously disabled. The other thing that doesn't work, is, well, the 2 monitors connected to the GPU. They are set to the correct resolution and refresh rates, and are recognized in System Preferences, and I can even drag things between the different desktops.

But I can only see my cursor. The screens are totally black, and I can't see anything on them except my cursor moving across them. Has this happened to anyone else? Thanks in advance!

Specs:
Asrock B85M-Pro4 Motherboard
Intel Core i5-4690 CPU
Intel HD 4600 GPU 1
Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti GPU 2
iMac 15,1 SMBIOS

Here is a picture of what happens
https://imgur.com/gallery/lWTLWlw

My clover and EFI folders are attached

EFI.zip

Yeah, please attach the Patched Webdrivers!!

Or at last, put the Link of the guide that you used for do that