Lenovo Yoga 730 panic during intallation

shamota

10 posts in this topic

Hello. With a friend experienced hackintosher we try to install High Sierra on Yoga 730 15ikb laptop (i7 8550U,16gb,Samsung m.2, intel 620, UHD) with no success. When we go on APFS way (current Clover folder attached), the installer panics on the first step when 2 minutes remaining before the first reboot. 
If we go on JHFS+ way, it finishes 1st step, reboots, loads and gets panic on the second stage with apple logo on the black screen, sometimes on 21 minute remains, sometimes on 15th or later on calculating time remaining.
The text of panic is not shown above the frozen screen (or just rebooting without debug=0x100), keepsyms=1 was on/off..
So literally it's no way to see what causing the panic..
Another strange thing is that when booting after unsuccessful APFS installing attempt, USB mouse doesn't work, I have to format drive with disk utility to JHFS+ using keyboard, reboot installer, and then the mouse works. If we don't use APFS there is no such a problem.
We also tried 10.12.6 (with appropriate config and kexts of course) and there is a panic after first restart and before booting second step from newly created partition - shot of that panic is attached.
Is there anything wrong in my laptop? Or we missing something? we tried a lot of different things, can someone please check our clover folder, I've extracted tables with F2 + F4 )

CLOVER.zip here  https://drive.google.com/open?id=1eKboAgHwYPImBcDE-8sPp7hJ4oLEgVYJ  

thank you

image1.jpeg

4 hours ago, Allan said:

Thank you Allan on this link.

I've just tried installing with Clover folder provided by the guide (slightly modifying graphics in config for booting my system) - the same story - the installer hungs on second stage with 18 minutes remaining (all the times different time)...

there is no way to see what's causing the panic, it's frustrating so much. Do you have any ideas what it could be? (you can check my clover folder including extracted files with F4 in previous post)

IMG_8013.jpg

3 hours ago, MaLd0n said:

check

use High Sierra for native support samsung m.2

CLOVER.zip

Thank you MaLd0n so much!

I've tried your clover folder (had to change ig platform to 012345678 in order to boot). 

Unfortunately the same story here - If i format to APFS in disk utility - I get the panic in the end of the first stage of installation (before the first reboot).

If i choose Mac OS Extended (J-ed), it completes first step and reboots, and gets the panic in the middle of the second stage with 12 minutes remaining... 

this time also my JHFS+ got converted to APFS (didn't have it before). So do you think it's somehow connected to APFS issue? (However previously without conversion it wasn't working as well and got panic on the same place)

we literally have no ideas what to do with that anymore.. 

• 5 weeks later...