Archive on apple laptop

fatimaramsey

3 posts in this topic

I installed WinRAR on my MacBook Air. But I got a problem in some hours. My new created archive viewed me CRC failed in the file name. The file is corrupt. What could happen pats? I've lack of ideas.

19 hours ago, fatimaramsey said:

I installed WinRAR on my MacBook Air. But I got a problem in some hours. My new created archive viewed me CRC failed in the file name. The file is corrupt. What could happen pats? I've lack of ideas.

What happens if you compress the same folder with macOS's builtin compressor (ZIP format of course)? Do you still get the same error?

There are other apps that can create or extract RAR files like Keka and StuffIt Deluxe? You can use StuffIt in a trial mode and see if you get the same error or not. If so the problem might be in the folder that you are trying to compress if not it must be the WinRAR itself.

One last thing which macOS do you use?

WinRAR has a built-in function that is called rar fixer and lets you bypass CRC errors. During the normal process, the extracted file is deleted once the error occurs. Right-click the RAR and select "Extract Files..." to open the general options window. Under "Miscellaneous," put a check by "Keep Broken Files." The file saves to the folder you specify, despite the CRC data. Many files will not work using this method if they are too damaged, but some will.