Xiaomi Notebook Pro - near perfection still some issues need to be fixed

james341

5 posts in this topic

Hello dear community 

maybe from here my salvation will come , so here is my story :

1. I got the new Xiaomi Notebook Pro for making it my main machine and make it a dual boot notebook to serve me (Mac user ) and my wife (windows 10 user).

2. This notebook have a great value and I have the i7 with 16 Gb and installed second 256 ssd drive so I have no a dual boot with clover and each OS in different drive to make more room.

3. Everything is booting well and in both systems I can work and use the notebook but in the High Sierra I have some issues that still annoying me and I hope I can find here the right answers to bring this setup to perfection.

here is a list of issues I have that I need to find them a fix :

1) Trackpad - the most annoying problem , I'm using for now my Logitech mouse but I want to use this beautiful big trackpad with all the gestures in my day to day use. So the problem is when you boot the Mac OS after the boot the trackpad is not working at all , I need to put the notebook to sleep and when I wake it up the trackpad is working but with problems :

Screen_Shot_2018_04_05_at_9_52_27.png

I think the most annoying thing the scrolling in safari that is very slow.

2) Bluetooth - I have the bluetooth icon in the top menu and I also see my AirPods in the list but if I press connect it's freeze and nothing happened , also I've tried to connect other bluetooth headphones I have or my Logitech mouse (without the dongle that come with the mouse) but I don't see them in the list.

Screen_Shot_2018_04_05_at_10_20_57.png

Screen_Shot_2018_04_05_at_10_21_13.png

3) Network connection - the wifi card on this notebook will never work with macOS so I'm using my Anker usb-c ethernet dongle (https://www.anker.com/it/products/variant/USB-C-to-Ethernet-Adapter/A8341041). after the notebook goes to sleep and wake up the dongle is not working and I need to unplug it and replug it in to make my connection come back to life - I've found out that this is a problem with also real Mac and Anker release an update patch that fixed this issues but after I've installed this patch I still have the problem .

4)  Handoff - I don’t even have the option in General preference.
5)  OS update 10.13.4- after applying the update in the AppStore there’s need to do a restart and the notebook come to the clover menu and I choose the MacOS and the update is not running , I just comeback to the desktop without applying the update 

I'm adding all my EFI folder and debug files . I can't upload for some reason here in the post so here is a link to the files :

https://quickfileshare.org/6uj/debug_6358.zip

https://quickfileshare.org/6uk/EFI.zip

Edited by james341

16 minutes ago, bolonia said:

Near perfection? This notebook have a lot of problems with macOS. It's hard to say, but i'd rather prefer installing Linux on it.

As I said you can work with Mac OS day to day in regular use but with some problems and I really want to fix them

On 05.04.2018 at 3:57 PM, james341 said:

As I said you can work with Mac OS day to day in regular use but with some problems and I really want to fix them

If you have experience in driver development you can try, if not — you can't fix it.

In my opinion go buy an supported OOB wifi-card instead of hanging on problems, for the trackpad and mouse go to RehabMan Bitbucket and download voodoops2controller and you'll be fine!

List of supported and unsupported wifi-cards:

Wifi-Compatibility.jp2