Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zeg66

Help with 10.9.5, MBR, HD6450

10 posts in this topic

Please help me with this 10.9.5 system. Motherboard: Gigabyte 965p-s3 rev3.3, gpu: Ati Radeon HD6450 (dvi/hdmi/vga). 

Using any of the 3 ports on the 6450 (dvi, hdmi, vga), I see all the white letters on black background during boot but when they complete and it's time for the graphics to start I get a black screen and sometimes a restart after that. Using Clover 4411. Is there any way to get past this?

Advertisement

Framebuffer: When Clover starts and I choose Options->GraphicsInjector, I see this line:

"FBConfig:Bulrushes_"

but I don't know if that is applied or just a suggestion.

PCI ID's of card: From within windows 7 I can obtain this information: 

Vendor 1002, Device 6779, Subsys E164, Supplier 174B, Revision 00

but I am not sure if this is the information you requested.

Thank you for being willing to help.

Posted (edited)

You're meant to use a specific ATI framebuffer to be able to get your graphics working. It's a bit similar to the layout-id one selects for Intel integrated GPU.

In case you're not using it, I strongly recommend you use Clover Configurator app to configure Clover. For graphics settings, you'll be able to select ATI frame buffers through the Graphics tab. You also need to tick (select) Inject ATI but I guess you're already doing that. If Bulrushes does not work, try the other FB of the AMD 6000 controller.

CC_Graphics_tab.thumb.png.0fdde57b259fd57a6a141004468f818b.png

AMD_6000_FB.thumb.png.81ccf4e7ea9e33fb4be596167d5d0e4d.png

Edited by Hervé

Yes I am familiar with Clover Configurator but how can I use it when the machine doesn't even go into graphics? All I get is the (-v Verbose) messages, white letters on black background and then, a black screen.

Posted (edited)

You can use the Clover main menu to adjust your config manually before you boot...

Edited by Hervé

I will try that and report back. Meanwhile, what other Clover options should I try to set/unset so I stand a better chance at reaching the Finder?

Posted (edited)

Try "Pithecia" framebuffer and if you still get a black screen, try the other values.. PCI id 1002:6779 is present in Mavericks vanilla AMD6000Controller kext so it should work OOB wi the correct FB, so to speak.

Edited by Hervé

There appear to be so many permutations!

Which port should I connect a monitor to? Dvi, hdmi or vga? Personally I'd rather use vga.

I get this message when it hangs: "still waiting for root device" and a "stop" sign in the middle.

My Boot Args: -v dart=0 npci=0x3000

And then the Options->GraphicsInjector options, as shown:

Inject EDID (Fake Vendor, Fake Product, Backlight:0xFFF, Intel Max Backlight:0000)

Card Device ID=6779

Model: AMD Radeon HD 6450/7450/8450/R5

Inject ATI (select or not)

DualLink:1

DeInit: (select or not)

Fake ID:0x00000000

FBConfig:Pithecia

Ports:06

Connectors:00000004

RefCLK:000000

Load Video Bios (select or not)

I might be making some slight progress in figuring out some of those Clover Graphics options.

Could you please tell me what "Connectors" and "RefCLK" mean?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By STLVNUB
      I'm currently working on a new version of INSTAHackintosh.
      Purpose:
      This will enable user to make fully customisable  Recovery, Installer and Installed.
      This is taking a completely different approach, no createmedia/startosinstall  blah blah blah.
      Mojave installed to MBR/HFS no patch needed.
      You will be able to add kexts to the Installer as well as some Apps.
      You can do the same with the Recovery and Installed.
      Will be able to make a USB/ISO or Install straight to HD.

Usage: Example: To HD from Mojave
      Install High Sierra 10.13.6 to HD
      Install SecUpd2018-003HighSierra.pkg to HD
      Install NVIDIA Web Driver 387.10.10.10.40.113.pkg to HD
      Install Applications to HD
      Install Kexts to HD
      Reboot to HD, Fully Updated with working video

Will post a beta version ( HD only ) when it is done
      EDIT:
      would anybody happen to have an old version of my INSTAHackintosh?
      I've lost all my copies.
      No sense re-inventing the wheel.

• By Gymnae
      Since I'm an NVIDIA user, I won't update until the farce with NVIDIA's web drivers for Mojave is solved - but this guide works already for 10.14

Introduction
      The H370 chipset powers 8th generation Intel Core-i CPUs. Even though the name H370 rings comparable to Z370, the H370 is based on newer silicon. This it also requires some new approaches compared to the Z370. An example would be on-die USB 3.1 and WiFi support.

Since this guide is not a "hold-your-hand-every-step" guide, I assume you know:
      Clover installation and configuration How to create an install medium for MacOS Access and configure the BIOS Have heard of ACPI patching (I'm a newb at this myself)  
      What works
      Sleep (via DSDT edits and emulated NVRAM) On-board Audio (via AppleALC and native AppleHDA) Native power management (without any kext or patch) All USB ports (and only those present are active) iGPU for both acceleration and display dGPU (I'm running an Nvidia GTX 1080)  
      Untested
      NIC --> I'm using WiFi only  
      What doesn't work
      Native NVRAM via AptioMemoryFix.efi DMVT Pre-alloc higher than 64MB (but not necessary)  
      Community additions
      User @Panzerschiffe added a helpful post, altering this guide for user with AMD cards and not needing on-board sound.
      He also runs Mojave, which I don't run yet.

Changes to the guide:
      22.5.18: Added SSDT hot-patching to enable sleep, replacing DSDT static patching as an alternative.
      23.5.18: Add iMac18,1 as alternative SMBIOS config for those relying on the iGPU for output
      25.6.18: Added update info
      28.8.18: Small changes for clarity, changed info for afps loading & updated USB patch for 13.6
      04.10.18: Update to Mojave will come once Mojave is more mature
      02.12.18: Removed unnecessary patches, fakepciid and audio patch method & linked to AMD post & added whatevergreen.kext as replacement for previois GPU kexts

1. Installation
      This guide heavy inspired by the work of /u/corpnewt of /r/hackintosh and his (sorta) Vanilla guide

1.1 Create the install media for MacOS
      Follow this, if you are using a Mac to start off with. If you are totally new to MacOS, then please check the basic guide Creation of an installer media in windows or linux

1.2 Install Clover on the install media
      Using the Clover installer, ensure you are installing to the USB medium you are using for the installer.
      Chose the following options, leaving the others on default: 

UEFI driver: AptioMemoryFix UEFI driver: ApfsDriverLoader UEFI booting only Install to ESP  
      You have to get your hands on an apfs.efi. A google search can help, or extracting it from the Installer package. Make sure you procure a version matching the MacOS version you are about to install. Place the apfs.efi in drivers64UEFI.

1.2 Adjust the config.plist for the installer
      You can use the config.plist attached as a guideline, but take a look at it before and at least adjust the SMBIOS - otherwise it won't boot.
      Attention: The attached plist contains audio patches introduced by a post-install step. If you run into problems, you might remove those. It also contains a manual slide value, which should normally not be needed, but works fine for me. It is also tuned for usage with an Nvidia Pascal dGPU as main GPU.

The config you create now should serve you nicely for install and running the system.

Take care of adding the following basics:
      SMBIOS: iMac18,3 - You can generate a serial number via Clover Configurator. The creation of a proper SMBIOS is covered in many guides to good extend Note: If you aim at using the iGPU for output, a user reported that iMac18,1 works better - since iMac18,3 produces sever flicker. Look at the graphics section and adjust the injection for Intel to your situation  
      Fixes

Patches

Devices

Graphics
      Important:
      Change 0x59120003 to 0x59120000 if you don't use a dGPU as your main display Driver and instead use the iGPU for output.
      Also note. SMBIOS iMac18,1 has been reported to work better in this configuration. But 18,3 works fine for me.

Kernel and Kext patches

1.3 kexts and friends
      Add the supplied SSDT-UAIC.aml to "patched" - it limits the injected USB Ports to the actual number and ports valid for this board.

Required kexts on "Other":
      FakeSMC.kext Whatevergreen.kext Lilu.kext AppleALC.kext IntelMausiEthernet.kext in case you're running Ethernet USBInjectAll.kext with the HCI-300-series-injector.kext --> These two should be installed to /L/E after install  
      We are leaving sound out at the moment, this is something for post-install.

1.4 Check BIOS and install
      You should be ready for install. But before you reboot, please take a look at your BIOS and set it up accordingly (copied from the aforementioned guide and adapted):
      Load Optimized Defaults Disable VT-d setting If your system has Secure Boot Mode, disable it Set OS Type to Windows 8/10 or OtherOS - I have not seen a difference Turn off internal Serial and Parallel port Turn off Network stack for boot Turn off wake-on-lan (for now) Set XHCI Handoff to enabled Don't enable decode over 4G Depending on your GPU, set priority for boot Set internal GPU (iGPU) to enable - not auto or disabled Set DMVT pre-alloc min to 64MB and max to 128MB. For this selection to appear you might need to reboot after setting iGPU to enable Set USB legacy to enabled Activate XMP profile 1 f your Ram has it (mine doesn't and I added the timings manually) Set ERP to enable, disable platform power management (I need to do more research if this could be enabled)  
      I've attached my current BIOS config "hack2". You can place that on a fat32 drive (the EFI partition of your install USB drive might be an idea) and see if it loads. It's made for and with the F2 BIOS.

The install itself should be like other MacOS Hackintosh installs with it several reboots and ensuring to select the correct boot device in Clover.

2. Post-install

2.1 Install clover on target
      This is a no-brainer, but install a fresh copy of Clover on your target medium.

During install select again AptioMemoryFix but also additionally
      EmuVariableUefi-64.efi Install RC scripts on target volume because otherwise NVRAM doesn't seem to work

After the install, copy
      config.plist contents of "Other" content of "patched" to your new clover install.

2.2 Edit ACPI for slumber
      Choose one option, not both. The hot-patch is experimental, but for the moment it is stable.

2.2.1 Edit DSDT
      This is necessary only once on initial install and every time, you edit or upgrade the BIOS. The DSDT.aml attached to this post might work for your system or give you a file to compare to. Don't expect it to work for you, though.
      I won't go into the details of DSDT extraction and patching. There are better guides (the linked guide is a rip-off of rehabman's guide from a different forum). Please follow such a guide to extract your ACPI data.

Locate and disassemble the DSDT with the newest iasl binary you can put your hands on, then open it with MacIASL in its newest version you can find (Hint: Here is a good source) You can check if the version is new enough if MacIASL doesn't throw error upon compiling a freshly extracted DSDT.aml or DSDT.dst

Add rehabmans repo (as per linked guide) and apply the following patches:
      Rename _DSM to _XDSM Fix _WAK Arg0 v2 USB3 _PRW 0x6D Skylake (instant wake) Find the CNVW device and remove the _PWR function there.

Compile the DSDT and place it in "patched".

2.2.2 Use SSDT hot-patching
      Instead of having to re-extract and re-patch the DSDT on every BIOS change or update, Hardware change one can also use ACPI hot-patching.
      It's a combination of config.plist patches and an SSDT, which is hot-patched into the ACPI (if I understand the process correctly)

You need to add this SSDT-GPRW.aml to your Clover folder in the designated position at Clover/ACPI/patched You need to add this patch to your config.plist. It goes into the DSDT patch section  
      Note: This works for me, but the patch removes the _PRW method from all devices in the DSDT. This could have side-effects. So far, I have seen none. At the moment I'm also not applying any other patch, compared with the additional edits I made to the DSDT method before.

2.3 Install kexts to system
      As mentioned in the install section, it's better to follow rehabman's instruction and install USBinjectAll.kext to /L/E:
      sudo cp -R Release/USBInjectAll.kext /Library/Extensions sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u / 2.4 Enable onboard Audio - Install AppleALC kext
      Make sure your EFI partition is mounted and that you have a vanilla AppleHDA kext available. See below for a guide how to get a vanilla AppleHDA if needed
      Note: Our Audio codec is ALC887 and it's running with layout ID 1.
      Download the newest AppleALC kext from here and install it together with lilu.kext from here into your usual /clover/kexts/others location. Done. No scripts or config.plist patches necessary.
      Add layout ID 1 to config.plist, if it's not there yet:
      <key>Audio</key> <dict> <key>Inject</key> <integer>1</integer> <key>ResetHDA</key> <true/> </dict> If you previously  installed any  audio patches, please follow this guide to "vanilla-ize" your install.

2.4 Optional steps for Graphics
      If you have a dGPU, now it's the time to install its drivers and adjust the config.plist for it. The detaisl are specific to your GPU and thus of scope of this guide. Yet, my supplied config.plist is ready to be used with Nvidia Pascal cards and using the Nvidia web driver.
      Whatevergreen.kext helps with Intel iGPU and NVIDIA dGPU fixes.

At the moment I'm also testing out a special bootflag: 'shikigva=12' to enable faster rendering in Final Cut Pro X. Without whatevergreen.kext and a shikigva bootflag, rendering in final cut seem very slow.

2.4.1 Framebuffers
      If you're facing problems with output from your internal GPU, you can try the framebuffer patches listed by @BackwardMac:

3. Updating
      Updating inside 10.3.x/ 10.4.x point updates doesn't require much attention:
      Download the update from the AppStore as any Mac would do Allow the system to reboot Before booting MacOS with Clover, make sure to disable extra drivers for dGPUs which require non-native support. If using an Nvidia dGPU: Remove "nvda_drv=1"  from your boot arguments and disable Nvidia injection If using a non natively supported AMD card, do the same for AMD (I'm not using AMD, thus I cannot be specific) Boot into the newly created Install MacOS partition Repeat this process until the Install partition is gone Boot MacOS again, still following 3., and potentially install updated drivers Your Audio might require re-patching  
      4. ToDo
      Move away from static DSDT patching to SSDT hotpatching --> requires my work Native NVRAM --> requires developer work Audio without AppleHDA patching --> requires developer work  
      5. Thanks to
      @MaLd0nfor helping finding the right way with the DSDT
      @RehabMan, for being a legend and helping me out patching
      @toleda, for audio patches for the 300 series
      /u/corpnewt, for his superb vanilla guide
      @wmchris for his super XPS 9550 guide and introducing me to hot-patching
      @Panzerschiffe for his addition to this guide
      all the developers of clover and it's awesomeness

SSDT-UIAC.aml

DSDT.aml
      hack2
    • By spec3
      ciao ragazzi, vorrei comprare la suddetta scheda madre per una nuova configurazione, ma ho dei dubbi..

1.  la pci (non express) e' fattibile farla funzionare con mojave o high sierra?

altra domanda conviene installare mac su M2 o conviene evitare e rimanere su SSD classico da 2,5"?

grazie in anticipo
    • By crazybirdy
      Patched OSInstaller.framework to allow macOS 10.14 installation on MBR HFS+ partition.

To use those patched files you must follow HowTo to create an USB installer. You can't just run the app downloaded from Mac App Store.
      The patch is made base on 落下爱@pcbeta 10.10.x MBR patch method, and more patch for 10.14 HFS Firmware check by crazybirdy.

What is this patched OSInstaller doing?
      1. Patch the MBR check, allow macOS 10.14 installation on MBR partition.
      2. Patch the Firmware check, bypass the error of "An error occurred while verifying firmware".
      3. Patch to stop auto-convert to APFS , "ConvertToAPFS=false" is no longer worked with 10.14.
      4. This patched MBR OSInstaller will never convert to APFS, and will always install as HFS+ partition.
      5. This patched MBR OSInstaller method works with both MBR HFS+ and GPT HFS+ partition (GPT+recovery).
      No longer need to set new SMbiosversion, FirmwareFeatures, and FirmwareFeaturesMask with this MBR-patch.

What's the difference between createinstallmedia method, MBR-Manual-Method, and MBR-Automatic-Method?
      As the following....
      1. createinstallmedia method,
          needs stage 1, stage 2 installation process, which is worked with GUID partition only, always convert to APFS format.
      2. MBR-Manual-Method (same as 10.12),
          install via stage 2 manually, which is worked with both MBR and GUID, HFS+ and APFS, will never convert the partition format.
          We can manually format as MBR or GPT, HFS+ or APFS on installation screen like as 10.12.
          We can manually select MBR HFS+ partition to install 10.13 and 10.14 on installation screen now.
          Needn't to update the MBR-Manual-Method files, it will still work on 10.13, and 10.14 future versions, I think so.
          It can be installed as Fresh installation on formated blank partition only, but can't be installed as update from previous version.
      3. MBR-Automatic-Method (new for 10.13+),
          install via stage 2 automatically, which is worked with both MBR and GUID, HFS+ and APFS, will never convert the partition format.
          It can be installed as Fresh installation on formated blank partition, and can be installed as update from previous version.

How to make 10.14 installer for MBR (MBR-Manual-Method)?
      Just use MBR-EasyInstallerMaker to make installer, it works with both MBR and GPT.
      Read HowTo inside the dmg first, same as 10.12.
      Read HowTo Q/A Q5. How to patch to work with CPU SSE4.1 only for Mojave?
      Read HowTo Q/A Q6. How to download the full installer app via swscan.apple.com, instead of App Store?
      Read HowTo Q/A Q7. How to update 10.14.x combo-update to MBR and GPT with installScript directly?

How to make 10.14 installer for MBR (MBR-Automatic-Method)?
      Just use 14MBRinstallerMaker to make installer, it works with both MBR and GPT.
      Read HowTo inside the dmg first, sam as 10.13.
      Read HowTo Q/A Q5. How to patch to work with CPU SSE4.1 only for Mojave?
      Read HowTo Q/A Q6. How to download the full installer app via swscan.apple.com, instead of App Store?
      Read HowTo Q/A Q9. How to update 10.14.x combo-update to MBR and GPT with installScript directly?

And, need a SMBIOS supported with /System/Library/CoreServices/PlatformSupport.plist.

Q6. How to download the full installer app via swscan.apple.com, instead of App Store?
      A6. Some people download installer app from App Store, and get only 18 MB size, not the complete installer app (5.68 GB). You should boot to 10.12, or 10.13 to download it again from App Store, or use script Q6-DownloadFullApp/installScript_1014fullapp to download the full installer app via swscan.apple.com.