Circle with slash after high sierra installation

3 posts in this topic

I’m new here, in need of desperate help...

so so i have a MacBook 2010 13in. I installed an ssd a few months ago which is my main OS. My MacBook contains the original hard drive as extra storage space.

recently i upgraded to Sierra 10.4 i believe it is from 10.3 and my original hard drive became unreadable.. so i followed the instructions on this link 

now my computer won’t startup and only shows the circle with the slash. I’ve tried disk utility to see if the disk needed to be repaired after tinkering with the library and extensions folders through the terminal but i really don’t know what I’m doing nor have much money to take it to a repair shop. I’m pretty good at following instructions(i thought) so just tell me what to do =\

and for some reason it won’t let me post i the original thread 

• 4 weeks later...

I am assuming you ran disk first aid in restore if that’s the case repeat but use terminal and use diskutil to see the drive in list. We had an OWC SSD drive fail while it was still in warranty. It had several partitions of various sizes instead of the 250GB size.

The System is toast see if you can re-install; but I fear the drive is buggered up. Hopefully you have backed up.

Lou Cioccio