My MacBook Pro spoilt a day

4 posts in this topic

I can't open my presentation. I created a week ago a file, and almost every I added new slides day by day. But this day I've tried opening it and PowerPoint gave me "Unknown error occurred". I don't have any experience with such messages and etc.

have you tried OpenOffice ? i read its has support for PowerPoint. and mite open the files for you.

also it mite help booting from a osx bootable usb and repairing permissions of your mac hd. with disk utilities

22 hours ago, aprilorr said:

I can't open my presentation. I created a week ago a file, and almost every I added new slides day by day. But this day I've tried opening it and PowerPoint gave me "Unknown error occurred". I don't have any experience with such messages and etc.

As I see on this message, your presentation is corrupted. You may refer to Apple Tech Support, they can help you with recovery powerpoint. Or there is new Mac Online Service that developed Apple Company instead of tech support - it allows to make your document valid.

I know this may be a PITA; try opening in safe mode if that does not work try creating a new user (that's the PITA) but see if it open then re-save as newfilename. You may have to save in the /Users/Shared folder so when you log off and log back in as original user.

Safe mode with computer off turn on while holding the shift button release when the bar on the screen is about a quarter way to be sure you are in safe mode.

If you have not done so you could reboot in single user mode and run fsck if System says ok then enter the last line hit enter then exit or reboot by typing that command and hit enter. Then you could try opening the presentation. If it says modified system hit the up arrow to repeat the line and have it do it again.

Hope that works,

Lou Cioccio

Edited by LouCioccio