i7 7700K too hot?

4 posts in this topic

Hi i have this configuration with a issue

H270-HD3 

i7 7700 4,2

16 gb ram 2133

nvidia gtx 1050 ti 4gb

the question is about cpu temp. working with adobe or other apps the cpu is over 30-40º but when use keyshot (3d) it gets 80º

I have read that several things can be done to solve it do delid to the cpu touch the voltages so it does not get hot.

i know this model of cpu has a bad thermal paste but If anyone has managed to fix it, I would be very grateful.

can i control voltages with this model of mobo?

8 minutes ago, multiymedia said:
11 minutes ago, multiymedia said:

i know this model of cpu has a bad thermal paste but If anyone has managed to fix it, I would be very grateful.

Replace the thermal paste? 

Regarding the voltage, we need the mainboard manufacturer for that, and let us know if it is UEFI or BIOS (yes, they exist, i run it myself).

42 minutes ago, WaldMeister said:

Replace the thermal paste? 

Regarding the voltage, we need the mainboard manufacturer for that, and let us know if it is UEFI or BIOS (yes, they exist, i run it myself).

mobo gigabyte ga-h270-hd3 in bios i cant touch voltages all in auto....

3 minutes ago, multiymedia said:

mobo gigabyte ga-h270-hd3 in bios i cant touch voltages all in auto....

sorry is uefi

• 1 month later...
On 3/20/2018 at 5:16 PM, multiymedia said:

Hi i have this configuration with a issue

H270-HD3 

i7 7700 4,2

16 gb ram 2133

nvidia gtx 1050 ti 4gb

the question is about cpu temp. working with adobe or other apps the cpu is over 30-40º but when use keyshot (3d) it gets 80º

I have read that several things can be done to solve it do delid to the cpu touch the voltages so it does not get hot.

can i control voltages with this model of mobo?

80°C aren't abnormal, especialy in Keyshot. Keyshot takes 100% use of all cores, which other apps mostly don't.

The max. temp for this CPU is 100°C, so I would't mind much, since my MacBook Pro (mid. 2012) gets up to 105°C (NO JOKE!).

If your system runs stable, I would't care even less.

But if it really bothers you, you can try a bigger cooler. Which one do you use at the moment?

Delidding is an option, if you're overclocking. But in your case I wouln't reccomend it.